gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 07:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  The OS Racing rules for MK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The OS Racing rules for MK  (Read 1655 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
The OS Racing rules for MK
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Do they have to be so rigorously enforced?

I'd love to race this year but my race bike doesn't fall into the OS legal bracket  :-\  it's a Mid school with canti rear brake and one of the first Ahead type headsets.....dates about 91/93 ish

By the look of it there isn't a Mid school class so looks like i won't be racing then  :'(

zed4130

Re: The OS Racing rules for MK
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:40 AM »
 :'( sucks rob even a burner cost a bomb these days  :'( i wont be racing ,as ill be taken my new ripper  :-\

muttley

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:49 AM »
If your racing OS at Hersden then no-one gives a toffee, Meddle's runnin a 97 Assasin so you wont have any probs. Cant comment on any other meetings.The normal OS rules were caliper brake and threaded forks.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 10:57 AM »
Hmmmmmm so the rules are a little fuzzy then?  who's in charge for MK? and who do i get clearence from?  I don't want to sound like a spoilt brat......but i've been building this race bike for about 8 months now and if i can't race the fooker i'm going be well peed off!!   :tickedoff:

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:59 AM »
so i can sneek my retro ripper in  ::) its 05 so it's 2 years old ,it's getting on  ::)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 11:03 AM »
so i can sneek my retro ripper in  ::) its 05 so it's 2 years old ,it's getting on  ::)

But in 'Ripper years' it's about 20 years old........and anyway with all the pictures you've posted of it i don't think you could sneek it anywhere!  must be the most recognised bike on here now!  ;)

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 11:18 AM »

But in 'Ripper years' it's about 20 years old........and anyway with all the pictures you've posted of it i don't think you could sneek it anywhere!  must be the most recognised bike on here now!  ;)

at the moment but it could change  ::)

nishiki14

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:20 PM »
I raced a '93 GT Fueller at MK last year and got away with it but I think maybe they will look a bit closer this year, ditch the mid and get in the OS dude! :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29 PM »
I've invested far too much into this one to look at changing now.....i could always race the Street beat but i'd rather not.

I'd just have to settle for a poodle around inbetween races  :'( >:(

To be honest if i did race i would be battling for the wooden spoon rather than any of the front places....but still wanted to join in  :-\

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 12:48 PM »
You can borrow my 86 Haro RS1 Group 1 if you want, Pickle, just don't break it  ;)

It'll have 43 16 gearing on it, if that's ok.

nic968

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 12:53 PM »
 There was an extra class last year,a kind of mixed bag of new and mid..Basically all the bikes that don't conform to OS race spec..There's still hope!!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 01:12 PM »
os is os.

there will be loads of bikes to borrow.
I want to touch ORB

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20 PM »
The rules have always been the same, pre- 86ish bike (although this will include later bikes such as the 90 bulldog ripper) with no canti mounts or a-head stems.  i have seen those rules broken at just about every old school race i've been in or watched.

Flaz

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 01:30 PM »
as long as you have a 1" threaded forks your fine  if you have lugged non caliper style brakes we just cut the cable so you cant use it then you qualify as a old fool, sorry I mean old school  ;) 

zed4130

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 01:37 PM »
ive got a toys are us cheapy with a 1inch head tube and a caliper brake  :idiot2:

theRuler

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 01:38 PM »
you have to run coaster brakes and ape-hanger bars

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 03:17 PM »
You gotta keep it old school, otherwise the whole thing will just end up a mixed bag of new school crap and cruisers, Im sure there was a class last year for other bikes!!

I will always lend you a race bike on the day, theres aleways the torker with 39/17 gearing that Flaz loves so much  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Do i qualify, only 34 years of age, according to BCF rules race age for this year is 35, i hate that rule. think my bike qualifys tange hot heart with pink bits. :-[ Torker pro-x will be ready for MK. But did not race BITD only started racing last year.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 06:39 PM »
thanks guys for all the offers of loan bikes.....but i've been building this race bike up (supposedly)for MK this year.....and riding someone elses bike that you've never ridden before is never the same is it......sorry for sounding ungreatfull and all that  :-\

Maybe making the rukles so 'carved in stone' is a drawback of it's own success....last year i don't think anyone one thought it would be so big! this year we have sponsors and everything (which is great) but maybe it takes away from the whole 'just race and have fun' sort of thing??

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Gary, I cant see any probs, an pickle again Im sure no one will get out of their pram over it. Worst ways you will be allowed to race, but disqualified from a placing!!!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 06:44 PM »
coolio!!  can you be disqualified form Last?   ;)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 06:45 PM »
I manage it every week mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 06:52 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :2funny:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Christ at Hersden's last summer race I raced in the old school races on my new school cruiser.  :LolLolLolLol:

I was never going to win though because my wrist was still sore from breaking two months earlier.  :daumenhoch:

If your there for a laugh then I don't care what you ride as long as you enjoy it. ;)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 07:57 PM »
It's 1" headset & caliper brake with pitbulls allowed  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  The OS Racing rules for MK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx