gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do you feel daft???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do you feel daft???  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Do you feel daft???
« on: March 18, 2007, 11:08 AM »
There is a small skatepark near me and I wanna go and ride it sometimes but whenever I get there there are tonnes of skaters and bmxers so I ride away because I feel daft because I am A, old and B, not very good.
At the track its not SO bad,
anyone else feel like this?
 :) DINGO :)

dj_benice

Re: Do you feel daft???
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:13 AM »
yup friday at bones, still not ridden a ramp or bowl  :-[  so am gonna sell some surplus stuff, get me one of them nu skool tings and some pads then get on the private bones sessions  >:D

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:18 AM »
you did alright bernice  :daumenhoch: next time maybe you can carry your own bike in and out  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

dj_benice

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Hehe cheers uncle charlie  :D

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Hehe cheers uncle charlie  :D
i hope you hav'nt spent ALL the twenty pence i gave ya  ;)
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

dj_benice

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 11:35 AM »
hehe no, now leave the nice man's thread alone  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 11:37 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 11:52 AM »

i just daft

Flaz

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 12:09 PM »
I went over the local metal ramped park while the kids where at skool but a couple came over there while i was riding, they where ok,  helpfull,
same at rom when i went in the day if you talk to them on a level rather than talk down to em most of the young uns are cool and think its novel that your as old as there parents  but are out there giving it a go 

a lot of it is in your head,

get out there and ride, do it for yourself,  most of us are past the stage where we are gonna be entering Xgames so set little targets whether its old school roll backs that you aint done in 20yrs, or a 50/ 50 peg stall ride regular and you will progress

get full face lid and pads and enjoy and before you know it you'll be like me, I cant sleep if i know im going out on me bike somewhere good like corby  (like a 12 yr old)   ;D  ;D ;

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I know exactly what you mean Dingo... however the last couple of weeks we have started riding Bones on the normal sessions, I had a real issue with it the first time I went but to be honest no one really takes any notice of you! Good luck with it, there is nothing worse than wanting to ride & something like this stops you.

Bru  :daumenhoch:

it doesnt stop me riding, I just feel stupid thats all,
just got back from the track and had a great time, even wind and snow didnt put us off, its just at these small skateparks as I dont have much experience on them, might get to Epic one Sunday where there are a few old duffers  :LolLolLolLol:

:) DINGO :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 02:25 PM »
I know exactly what you mean mate! i've got a great concrete park about 15 minutes from me and i've never attempted to ride it through fear of looking a twat!  went to Corby on Friday for the second time but had a bit of a confidence wobble!  don't know why but i just didn't feel i progressed at all from the last time.....then i just though fook it and rode how i wanted too......started to jump much better and got a little more air on the Resi ramp...problem was there were some superb riders there and to be honest i did feel a little bit like i was in the way.

Might try and get to Epic one Sunday morning myself  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:28 PM »

must admit havent done epic on a sunday for months for one reason or another but am really missing it, pukka park pukka atmosphere

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 02:29 PM »
yeah its strange 'down the track i dont feel so bad 'although it wasnt my thing bitd  :-\ i dont like the new metal ramps but that's just me  :( i still like street not so many people watching you 'and you can do what you want when you want  :daumenhoch: i like slades farm its a older concrete park  :daumenhoch: and not so closed in ' but i know what you mean i feel i right wilf sometimes at sk8parks   :'(

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I think we all feel the same.  When I started back I found that the locals were cool if you got stuck in and had a go.  It was a bit easier for me because I was riding with an ex pro who ruled wherever he went. My advice would be to not hog the ramp with endless carving, but be sure to stamp your personality on it by not allowing yourself to get 'stuck in your saddle' if you know what I mean. When you feel like its your turn, go.

Flaz is right, the majority of the young uns are cool enough.  Ride your local spot often enough and you'll soon fit right in   :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 11:05 PM »
when i ride at the skatepark, the youngsters feel daft

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 06:42 AM »
been there and done it.

i used to get up early, drive 17 miles  to the park and if there was anyone there...I'd turn around and drive home again....haha. no joke. pathetic I know.

then when i mustered up the courage to go, i felt like  didn't deserve the decent bike I've got, cos i am so shit on it, and then felt stupid all padded up like bestwick with fullfacer on. The kids don't even wear a helmet at my park, and they are pulling couple of feet airs. I'm dressed like a pro ramp rider, red faced and puffing and panting, doing 180 bunnyhops on the tranny with beergut and tits hanging out..  :LolLolLolLol:    I'd laugh at myself if i could . :LolLolLolLol:

Every sunday I'd try to find a reason not to go out on my bike, but then  when i did go, i felt great once I was there and afterwards and really enjoyed it.  I still go at 10am on a sunday, so its not busy but now I'm not that bothered if there's loads of young uns there or not.

Really enjoying my BMX now, and I'm even starting to get the hang of little airs- finally. last weekend I was there myself, and a young rider came. He showed me how to air properly, and what i was doing wrong.  I was hooking upon one air, and landing on the front wheel on the next.  He wasn't making fun of an older crap rider- so most of it is probably all in our heads.  Yes, it feels embarrassing at first, especially if you go to the park yourself,  all kitted out but it'll pass. Laugh it off, and enjoy it.

If like most of us it's been burning in the back of your mind that for 20 years you wanted to get back on a bike,  there's no point in stopping at the last hurdle. Get out and ride it now before health or something else prevents you. Then you'll always have regrets.  :daumenhoch:
 go for it.

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

zed4130

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 08:30 AM »
im allways being asked if ive got a spanner and allen keys etc  ??? just because im older  ::) does it mean im more sensible  ::) and carry tools  :angel:  :2funny:

theRuler

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 09:11 AM »
remember that bmx is NOT a kids sport
it's for the adults

rollerskating and skateboarding is what the kids do

MeddlE

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Do I feel daft?  No.

Unfortunaltely the pictures prove that I am wrong in this feeling. ;D

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 10:35 AM »
lol....lot of wise words in this thread....

not that ive got any to add....

all i can say is if you practice anything regularly, you get better at it.
I want to touch ORB

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do you feel daft???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx