gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  BB and Headset assembly
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BB and Headset assembly  (Read 484 times)

highrisedrifter

BB and Headset assembly
« on: March 19, 2007, 11:09 AM »
Hi all

I'm putting together a Gen 1 shortly but the only things I can't remember how to do are the headset and BB assembly. It's been over twenty years since I last put a bike together and I may be a bit rusty.  ;D

I've searched for a guide on the forums but I can't seem to find one, I may have used the wrong search terms. Could anyone point me at some how-to's that would help me out please?

Cheers

HRD

Frosty

Re: BB and Headset assembly
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 12:04 PM »
That depends on what you intend installing. Post up type and model of headset as some top races run facing out!!

BB, if looseball should have balls facing the cones.

adeshere

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:18 AM »
The headset cups, you can hit them in with a hammer,but use a piece of wood in between to protect them.

Bottom bracket cups, i suggest you use a vice as they can be a struggle to get in.

Ball bearings to have the loose ball side running against the cups

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 12:53 AM »
Thanks for that. It' starting to come back to me. Slowly.  :)

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Addy,

I thought it was the other way with the balls!! But should have checked first, see below for a looseball redline crank but same should apply, apologies for confusion

Ohh and here's a pic of a version of headset too.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:32 AM by Frosty »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  BB and Headset assembly

gfxgfx
gfx gfx