gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Braintree today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Braintree today  (Read 1163 times)

hotplate

Braintree today
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Hi there who is racing today ? I might pop over !! but w :rant:here is the track?? cant find there web site??? :uglystupid2:

ZippyDixon

Re: Braintree today
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:49 PM »
www.braintreebmx.co.uk
  Right near Towerlands equestrian centre,

Stu

Flying_fox

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:16 PM »
did it go ahead? we got rained off at Dunstable today, there was a storm of biblical proportions just a the rider sheets went up. then the track sank under 10" of water through the back section, honistly kids were riding through the biggest puddles and it was up to their hub axles. I know Braintree has the same trouble with sinking in bad storms.

English weather dont you just love it. :tickedoff:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 08:05 PM »
so, did it happen ?? judging by the torrential downpour in Essex this avo i hope everyone took their waterwings !! ;D
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

hotplate

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Hi there who is racing today ? I might pop over !! but w :rant:here is the track?? cant find there web site??? :uglystupid2:

How wierd !! there web site was not working this morning?? :uglystupid2: But found a map on the British cylcling web site http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/bmx/EventReports2006/20060514_bmx_regional_e_s.asp The only problem was getting there at 1.30pm and no one being there, :-[ :-[I know I was late but oh well , tidy little track , not as good as MK ! but well used so all good. So me and my 6 year old ran round the track in the pouring rain and thunder  :10_2_12: :10_2_12:

bmx-796

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 09:14 PM »
it was a good day

nishiki14

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Yeah Braintree did go ahead today, we were really lucky with the rain it hacked it down about 10 mins after we finished, we only had 5 old schoolers including myself but three kids who didnt have a moto of their own made the gate up to 8 and we had a blinder, we got beat by a 14 year old girl (I know bare with me) named Nicola Reed who is currently the regional and British Champion and get this, SHE CANT GET A BLOODY SPONSERSHIP!!! :-\, I will start another post about this tomorrow to see if anyone has any ideas on how to help this girl out coz I think she deserves it people!!! Ratty is going to post some pics on soon I think, I would like to thank him, Tony R and his boy for coming and supporting it hopefully we can get a few more 5th November.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Great Day today, but a low old skool show, they put 2 riders in our gate to give them some experience (Poor Nicola got the gate next to me in the last moto and I kept pushing her over while she tried to balance for the start). Anyway as sam said above one of the riders was Nicola. FFS she has a national number one  :4_17_5: plate and not even a shop sponsorship. Someone reading this must be in a position to help her out, even with some kit and parts would be a start...

I crashed in my first moto, chain came off on the table top and I went head first  :'( I ache like fook now...

Pics will be up soon,

Well done to Braintree club, very smooth operation (except you need a faster Urn for the coffee)

Well done Sam, quickest OS rider...

:Great_Britain:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

ZippyDixon

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Good to meet you fellas yesterday,although it was a bit brief and late ::),gonna try to make the next one,hoping to get up there on Wed night if you interested,my lads wants some practice.maybe see you up there!!!
    Stu

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Finally got some pics to show, I lost a few cos I didnt know how to use the camera :Aresehole:

Last pic, Carol and John Wonfor, Nishiki14s mum and dad. I owe a lot to these two, back in the early days they helped me so many times, Thanks :daumenhoch:

A long time ago, in a land far away!

bmx-796

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 09:11 PM »
hope to see a few more on the 5th nov

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Braintree today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx