gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What are the rules and the boundries with survivors at MK for instance? Cheers!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What are the rules and the boundries with survivors at MK for instance? Cheers!  (Read 2911 times)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
I want to touch ORB

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
and why dont i own them bars then   a   come on tell me      come on . :(

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
cos theyre full of the zone of action.
I want to touch ORB

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
o yes ,still looks the same not touched it apart from blue front skyway that i swop with the zed every now and then.

Tut tut  :police:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:

i picked this up about a month ago.and havent touched it at all,and i wont be. :daumenhoch:
seems as it's a gen 2 torker sport.

like someone said i think you can tell if a survivor has been touched or not .  :-\

Kid Keen

Ok, I'm new to all thi , so (probably a rediculous question) please bare with me...

I have my last 2 complete race bikes (20 & 24inch) in the garage, untouched, as they stood after my last race in 1991, complete with rust, spiderswebs and flat tyres. Would these be considered survivors or are they not "old school" enough to be considered a "survivor"?  :-\

SaMAlex

Ok, I'm new to all thi , so (probably a rediculous question) please bare with me...

I have my last 2 complete race bikes (20 & 24inch) in the garage, untouched, as they stood after my last race in 1991, complete with rust, spiderswebs and flat tyres. Would these be considered survivors or are they not "old school" enough to be considered a "survivor"?  :-\

Mid school survivor?

Kid Keen

Mid school survivor?

Aaarrhhh, that simple huh  ::)  Thanks.

theRuler

i have a new school survivor

db-oldskool

Three survivor examples.

Survivor means different things to different people.
This is my first real bike,it's a true survivor even though it's in awesome shape for it's age.

1982 Silver Streak,all OG except for the grips & pedals,those were changed out BITD after wearing out.
Bought this brand new BITD,went into hiding in 87 & dug back out in 05.
Very little rust & all OG decals,there are some scratches here & there but that's because I rode it/jumped it/wrecked it BITD as well as today.

Most consider a survivor a bike that was found pretty much untouched since BITD,whatever parts were on it didn't matter,it just had to be completely restoration free & kept as found.
Cleaning the dirt/spider webs/dust/mud or whatever off of it does not make it any less of a survivor,refinishing it/replacing decals/replacing parts/swapping parts does make it less a survivor.

Now if you found an old school bike that some kid was riding down the road & said here's some money,he sold it to ya & you noticed while stuffing it in your trunk,it had mid/new school parts on it then it's not quite survivor.While parts of it may be others are not so you could say partial survivor but that confuses even more,best bet is if left as found & it does not have wrong era parts on it consider it survivor.

This is also considered survivor,1979 DB Sr Pro,though it's been built up once it's not been altered since BITD & looks brand new.
It still has the shop decal on it,sat as a display for years,the chrome looks like a mirror & the decals didn't even yellow & are OG not repro,there's slight rusting behind the gusset plates though. :'(
I can't make myself build it & steal it's virginity,the headset was never greased nor the bottom bracket when it had cranks cuz it was a display. :LolLolLolLol:
I got this after it was parted out,I would have loved to have gotten it complete. :'(

This is a pair of bikes a friend mentioned to me that his brother has,he got them BITD & they've been hanging in his barn (Shed) for well over 10 years.
Total survivors for sure,just not as good of condition as my first two examples.

A Kuwihara of some sort.

And a Dyno.
This pic was taken just as the power went out. :tickedoff:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
some nice finds there   :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What are the rules and the boundries with survivors at MK for instance? Cheers!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx