gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hayes 11th March, Old school gate
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hayes 11th March, Old school gate  (Read 2607 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Hayes 11th March, Old school gate
« on: March 11, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Just got back from the Hayes regional! Blimey it was a great day, not so well attended by our old school crew but a busy, well organised race meet. There was some fantastic racing especially the dads race!! who were racing for a crate of lager, it got a bit rough with one rider who ended up in the ambulance with a dislocated shoulder ???

The Old school boys who raced were Chris Young, Vinoah, Me, Extreme pervert, bmx 796 and Dave Glendover, we had two other riders in our gate with new school machines.

In race one I managed to crush me nuts :'( :'( :'( and Steve "Whip me im getting quick" Vinoah took the win.
Steve went on to triple the motos. He is getting better every week and is now becoming the man to beat at our Old school shindigs, well done steve.
Another rapid rider is Chris young who turned up for the meet with a Haro gen 1 frame set and a box of bits :crazy2:, we managed to build it in time for him to race.

Dave Young "Chrisis dad" brought down his skyway team jacket and a collection of old school stickers a few people on here would kill for, including a Haro Team sticker, about 2 foot long!!! about 20 sets of original skyway Ta frame sticker sets.

I have a few pics but wont be able to post till tomorrow cos I forgot to bring home my cam lead :-\

Big shout to the Rad Badbmx boys who were competing in various classes, and Tom who ended up racing the elite Jnr Men instead of the novices, he made the A final and put up a good fight but ended up 6th, still a good result considering some of the competition!!!

Another great days racing, and a truly enjoyable day.

:4_17_5:

OLD SCHOOL RESULTS
1 Vinoah
2 Dave Glendower
3 Extreme pervert
4 BMX 796
5 RATTY
6 CHRIS YOUNG
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:18 PM by RATTY »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Hayes 11th March, Old school gate
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19 PM »
well done steve - who,s the daddy  :4_17_5:

wolfybmx

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:25 PM »
steve is getting better and better each race. well done......... soon ya be racin cruiser 30-39 or even 40+ then you see what racins all about ;D ;D ;D

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:25 PM »
as tony says

was one really ace day out,on all fronts
but for me the day was made when dave young got out the decals and jacket
i had to pick all me teeth up ;D

oh yeah and doing the treble in me moto,s was............. :coolsmiley:
well im still doing the cheshire cat impression

also had a fella from hungary (i think)take pix of the OS race bikes :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:27 PM »
You guys did well today and watch for pics arriving from Prembo on here and also on the Hayes Hawks website.  What a beautiful day to be out on track so I was glad to get the opportunity for a ride in the Dads race.   Great fun and I made the Final after a 5th place on the DK XL 20" and was seeded through after one rider dropped out.  4th in the Final was best I could do on my Matt's Haro cruiser but I enjoyed the experience and that's the first time I've ridden over the Himalayas.  Think you'll find Ratty that ExtremePervert is indeed Dave Glendower so not sure who made the other placing.  Here's to the next meeting which will be Dagenham Club meeting next Sunday and I promise to come and play with you guys.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Ah, Thanks Humps, Im gonna have to sack my secretary!!! Cant wait to see the pics :daumenhoch:

Daggers next Sunday, its gonna be emotional :buck2:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36 PM »
my fault the placings all screwed up
i blame it on the biro ;D

here,s the results off the official paper work :angel:

1,moi
2,david glendower
3,adrian young
4,tony 796
5,tony ratty
6,chris young

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 08:37 PM »
well done lads good on you   :4_17_5:  
ratty how are the lungs   :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 08:40 PM »

i really must have a go at this racing lark

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 08:44 PM »
well done lads good on you   :4_17_5:  
ratty how are the lungs   :)
Lungs survived, but I passed blood a couple of times, just hoping me next slash is clear, or im gonna have to go A+E :'(

Poxy silly non event and Im hurtin now :-\

digitaltransfer

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 08:49 PM »
yes a great days racing ratty the RL was looking  :smitten: like the DB  :smitten: and all the others you did forget to point out that Chris Young was winning the final only to clash with someone on the second turn !!

but a good day none the less the dads race was fantastic still gutted there was limitations on entry !!  :'(

but me and my lad a great day weather gods were defo on our side bring on the summer !!

some great racing all round I would give names but tbh I dont know any of em ? give me time been a long time away !!

Will be at ipswich next weekend so wont be there next meeting will be MK on the 25th speak to them and see if you can get an os race there would be good to see more I might even bring one of mine out and surely PKRadman would attend with one of his little gems !!

see you all soon and a great day looking forward to the pics now

:LolLolLolLol:

Regards 505Haro Crowser

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 08:52 PM »
Yep, I did forget to mention Chris was leading, but I thought I will build Steves ego up a bit :LolLolLolLol:

So Digital, was it you who tangled with Chris???  :LolLolLolLol:

digitaltransfer

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 08:55 PM »
No ratty I was in the crowser haro with the chrome profiles ! bell race bash hat ! I was speaking to you in the motos and final regarding the west of Ala as someone was trying there best to warm up !! leg streches etc.. ?

Remember now ?

DR VINOAH

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 08:59 PM »
leg stretches lol

that was me (i was on the chrome blue DB senior pro)

i was doing me rudolph nuryev impression ;D

maglificio biellesse

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 09:00 PM »
gotcha...lol, I remember now

:LolLolLolLol:Forgot to mention Steve Vinoahs Ballet warm up exercises in the paddock, funny as fook, but must have worked ah steve :daumenhoch:

digitaltransfer

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 09:02 PM »
gotcha...lol, I remember now

:LolLolLolLol:Forgot to mention Steve Vinoahs Ballet warm up exercises in the paddock, funny as fook, but must have worked ah steve :daumenhoch:

Did he say wait wait on the gate as well to put you all off !!! just like the proper os gate !! riders ready p-= wait wait !!!

ha ha was a great day non the less

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 09:03 PM »
the dads race was fantastic still gutted there was limitations on entry
You had to be over 35 and seriously unfit, on which neither points do you qualify!!  Humps  ;)

digitaltransfer

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 09:09 PM »
the dads race was fantastic still gutted there was limitations on entry
You had to be over 35 and seriously unfit, on which neither points do you qualify!!  Humps  ;)

Humps I did try to argue my case I will b 35 this year only held a BCL license since JAn after 18 years off and have not trained for it I have smoked 2 many oily rags and drunk to much beer and wine hence I thought I was entitled to enter !!! or at least held a good case my blood it made up of red wine and my lungs are knackered !!! but I am now gonna start doing something now though !!

None the less I had a great days racing and doen well in my own mind ! and it was grreat to see the dads race it was like it was BITD all the dads stiff and ridgid !! anything could happen did one dad hurt his shoulder or something if so hope it heals soon !

A well run day although that is all I expect from the hawks !

Looknig forward to seeing the pics

Regards

Russell

AL

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Never done a BMX race in my life, and I am 40 in August , so thought id give it a go !!!!!!!!!           

Pleased to win my semi , and almost had  Martin Baxter out of it in the final   :4_17_5:;D ;D

Dont know that i would , rush to do it again  :-\    But well done to  Hayes for a brilliant day, and all the dads who gave it a whirl

digitaltransfer

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Never done a BMX race in my life, and I am 40 in August , so thought id give it a go !!!!!!!!!           

Pleased to win my semi , and almost had  Martin Baxter out of it in the final   :4_17_5:;D ;D

Dont know that i would , rush to do it again  :-\    But well done to  Hayes for a brilliant day, and all the dads who gave it a whirl

Which bike was you on then al ?

Flying_fox

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Good to see some radsters there racing.  :coolsmiley:

The os gate was super cool to watch, most races were so close you could throw a banket over you all in most of the motos.

The dads race was superb, the winner was a ringer, that Baxter raced for years before he became a chef!!!

God my legs ache tonight.

Flying_fox

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Oh yeh, just to add to steve's ego. he was looking very quick indeed.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 09:38 PM »

so how did you do miles?

digitaltransfer

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 09:48 PM »

so how did you do miles?

He came 2nd in the master class

DR VINOAH

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 10:03 PM »
cheers to silverstreak,wolfy,humps,flying fox,roonga,quadpaul,gary72,ratty
for all the ace comments  :daumenhoch:

from 5th last month,to 3rd at daggers a fortnight ago,to a 2nd at braintree last week,to a 1st today
i cant wait for daggers nextweekend

i would also like to thank roonga for the lift there
and quadpaul for the lift back
stars the pair of them :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hayes 11th March, Old school gate

gfxgfx
gfx gfx