gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Stickers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Stickers  (Read 505 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Stickers
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:07 PM »
I'm getting my forks Landing gear forks painted and was wondering what to do about stickers. There is a company up the road who do vinyl graphics and I was wondering about getting some made. Looking at the ones available they are rub on, are they a pain to put on ? Vinyl ones might be more tricky but I could get a sheet done of them.

I also need some for my brothers Redline. I haven't spotted any of the right sort for sale anywhere are they available ?  I'm pretty certain its an MX11 but it had similar style stickers to those on later Prolines.  I hand made the ones on the bike now out of pinstripe tape and they look a bit Micky Mouse compaired with proper ones.
Cheers.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Stickers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 02:01 PM »
they are a piece of piss to put on.

use soapy water in a spray for normal stickers.

it wouldnt work with sheet type stickers, on LG's as they wouldnt fit on the bend.

landing gear rub ons are the easiest to do.....just dont place them too high and watch the bend of the forks
I want to touch ORB

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Thanks for that , didn't know what they were like. I wonder how hard wearing they would be compaired with vinyl. the place I went to can do individual letters so you need to put a removable covering on top hold them while you stick them on, the same as the rub on ones I suppose.

Can anyone help with the Redline ones?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:22 PM »
i jet washed my quad, and that took off the vinyl rub ons right off.
I want to touch ORB

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 02:41 PM »
They aren't all that tough then !  Perhaps its worth getting some done to try.  I didn't have stickers on my bike years ago as they got damaged and looked tatty too easily, but it would look better with stickers on. 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Stickers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx