gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Landing Gear Lites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Landing Gear Lites  (Read 962 times)

Brownie

Landing Gear Lites
« on: March 05, 2007, 01:58 PM »
Just got hold of a pair I've had on order from the States for yonks. How can I tell if they are genuine? They look the part and the welds are all good quality stuff. The Inspector is going to work at the mo but I'll post a pic when he's through. Cheers, JB

Brownie

Re: Landing Gear Lites
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:39 PM »
Here we go. Any advice very welcome  ;)

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 06:07 PM »
I have some on my Ripper mate if you need anyone to do a measure up :daumenhoch:

Thay look fine to me but am no expert on LG's unfortunately :-[

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:41 PM »
I have notice on my standing gear ones that there is a continuious weld on the outside and three short welds on the inside of the dropouts. I don't know if this was a thing they did across the range but it might show they are genuine.

Geordie

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 10:48 PM »
here's a couple of pics of my lg lites for comparison.............

hope they help................ :daumenhoch:

Brownie

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Cheers Geordie. The word Spinner is stamped just below the thread and there is also a bird motif! Someone please help!!!
 cheers, JB

Brownie

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 06:45 PM »
Anyone help? Looking to sell these on but don't wanna flog fakes.  :angel:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 08:04 PM »
take a pic of the thickness of the drop out

bird ? and spinner do not seem right for LG , and the drops look too thick , but camera angles and all that

Brownie

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 08:23 PM »
I know. It defo says Spinner under a bird motif. Me being naive, I assumed this meant they were worth more!!!!

Brownie

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Someone must know summit!!!!!!!!!!  :wtf:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 06:57 PM »
the angle of the cut offs at the bottom are way higher than the white ones, nice lookin forks tho, they aint ammaco freestyle forks are they?

Brownie

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 02:05 AM »
Thanks guys. This one is a real puzzle. Spinner make mountain bike forks in the States. Big chunky suspension jobs but there is no mention of a BMX fork. I'll keep searching. Cheers, JB

Brownie

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 02:31 AM »
Right. I've compared them to pair of normal lgs and the dropouts are far bulkier even though the overall forks are smaller. Everything else looks pretty similar and the welding to my untrained eye looks fantastic. Really good work. I have sent the pics off to the Spinner MTB firm in the States to see if they can ID them. If anyone has any more advice then please let me know, especially anyone with knowledge of  these Ammaco Freestyle Forks. Sorry to bore everyone but this one has me stumped so far.
 Cheers guys. JB  :)

Brownie

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Just had this back from my man at Spinner in Californ I A!!!!! The saga goes on...

Hi James,
Have a good day! My name is Larry from Spinner responsible for customer service and world warranty.
After recving your mail, we convened the teams of QC, Sales Dep. & RD in our company to ID these forks you attached. After discussing with all internally, we've CFMed the forks you attached are not produced by SPINNER. We have not manufactured rigid forks for long time, and aiming for producing suspension forks around 10 years recently.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know. I've been looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Larry Liu
Sales Department
SPINNER  INDUSTRY CO. LTD
Tel: 886-4-2683-2810#20
Fax: 886-4-2383-1768
Email: larry@insyncsuspension.com

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 03:34 PM »
now thats cool customer service, even tho you no further forward :)

Brownie

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 05:19 PM »
These are really nice forks you know. Just wish I bloody new what they were. Drop-outs definitely thicker than standard lgs. Welding the same as is the number of holes - I noticed another thread on here with just two holes on the dropouts of some lg lites. I am so confused!  :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Landing Gear Lites

gfxgfx
gfx gfx