gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 08:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Lame Bike Video #3 (download)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lame Bike Video #3 (download)  (Read 1793 times)

2Fresh

Lame Bike Video #3 (download)
« on: December 18, 2005, 11:40 AM »

Lame Bike Video 3

This is the project i have had ticking in my consciousness for some time and now it's done. The third part of the Finnish underground "Lame Bike Video" series i started some 13 years ago. The first two videos were released in 1992 followed by each other in short period of time reflecting the fact how quickly they were made. The parts 1 and 2 are yet to be fully transformed into digital but that'll happen sometime in the near future.

Originally the idea was simply to put out a home video for friends and that's what part 3 is still all about. Lame Bike Video 3 was shot with just a pocket camera's video shoot mode and edited in three weeks with WMM. The new footage is from this past summer/early fall shot here in Helsinki, Finland with some rare old footage from 1991-1993. Everything is still somewhat lo-fi but for me the atmosphere is (still) more important than just fancy digital effects and crystal clear view with cool music.
So in a way, nothing has changed over the past 13 years since the release of the first and second part. For the record, the first two videos were made with just a mono VCR, 8mm video camera and a cassette player for the audio. With that in mind, editing the third part with a computer was very much high-tech for me. First two Lame Bike Video's were mostly about flatland with some additional street footage within the limits of indoor riding because they were shot in late fall and winter.

Lame Bike Video 3 continues focusing on flatland including VERY RARE early 90's finnish freestyle footage probably never seen anywhere else in the world. For any Martti Kuoppa fans, there's extremely rare and never seen footage of the 13-year old Martti taking his first steps toward being one of the best flatland riders today.

This project was a personal mission and was essentially about fun with a load of nostalgia looking back to the time when we were seemingly enjoying the time of our lives. Please have with respect that in mind. It's not so much about showing off the latest technical skills as you're about to realize and oh yes, i like rolling tricks. A lot. Check it out to see some ot the recent finnish freestyle history from early 90's.
The Lame Bike Video 3 is available NOW for free download from the following 3 download locations. I'm then very curious to hear some of your opinions and thoughts about the video whatever they may be. So turn up the bass, hit the volume to eleven and enjoy!
Remember, this is a big file and WILL take time to download.
But I prefer good video quality over the usual shit quality that you see every day at the youtube etc.

Download link:
http://files.filefront.com/6917456

(199MB hi-Q / video duration 16:12min)

Thanks for your time, i hope you enjoy the video!!

-Timo
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:57 PM by 2Fresh »

Mr Rusty

Re: Lame Bike Video #3 (donwload)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 02:03 PM »
2Fresh

42 minutes to download and 16 minutes to watch - one hour later v impressed !!!!

I used to do some flatland in the 80s but never dreamt some of those things were possible, it's really come on and Martti is awesome.

Going out now to find an empty car park and fall off a lot  :D

Chris

2Fresh

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Chris, i'm happy to hear the video wasn't complete waste of time!  :)

Yes i know, it takes a "while" to download. Sorry for that, it sucks. However, i decided to choose the more impressive picture quality over the the usual crap you'd normally get with those two-minute download videos.
For those in a terrible hurry to download free-stuff-now ..choose another video if you absolutely can't wait or go write an email to a friend or something else creative. Just ask and i will tell you 20 ways of spending 40min easily without staring the download status bar.. :D

;)

-Timo

Mr Rusty

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Not a criticism - well worth the wait

Elbows and knees got a battering this afternoon - think it's gonna be a while before I hang five

2Fresh

Re: Lame Bike Video #3 (download)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:59 PM »
Time for update. To anyone maybe still interested, the video is up for downloads again.
Here's the new download link:

http://files.filefront.com/6917456

Enjoy!

-Timo

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 03:01 AM »
ace vid timo

Trev

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 03:35 AM »
Ace vid...  There's a lot of tricks on there that I used to do that I'd forgotten about...

BTW - Mine didn't take that long to download.  Might have something to do with downloading it at 3.30am.  Started watching it and it was downloading quicker than it took to watch it.  :daumenhoch:

spinmaster

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 08:58 AM »
top vid. more please  :daumenhoch:

2Fresh

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 09:03 AM »
Thanks guys, i am glad it's worth the download and the fact it doesn't take forever to do that.

Cheers all,

-T

MeddlE

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Awesome, me and my daughter both thoroughly enjoyed that.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Lame Bike Video #3 (download)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx