gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Early Christmas Present
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Early Christmas Present  (Read 11331 times)

Carlo Griggs

Re: Early Christmas Present
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 05:54 PM »
yeh you got any skyway stuff left. i would give my right arm for a team shirt to go with my bike.

I have a whole load of team shirts here but i have them all stored up and they have centimental value... The stuff i have saved here from the prolite skyway days is  alot... I have boxes of skyway and prolite stickers frames parts.. and my collection of DX pedals...

Nice one Carlo...DX pedals, frames, parts, eh?! Anything selling?  ;)

On a question of strength...how are you getting on with the new school bikes...what do you ride?

No sorry i would not sell anything...

New bikes... i test alot of my own stuff now and i dont have any problems.. i cant think when i was last breaking stuff.... everything is alot better now you when i get my stuff made in taiwan the QC and manufacturing is so good there that the stuff is good... I think the last thing i bent was a primo crank axle

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 06:02 PM »
'Own stuff'? What are you building?

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 06:34 PM »
'Own stuff'? What are you building?

I wish i had time to build somthing.. I think i will build a CC first and then a Streetbeat i have....But i need to make some time

Carlo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I have a whole load of team shirts here

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 07:36 PM »
I also used to ride a CC. Great bike. Hightly sought after now. Never did remember what I did with it. I'd love to find one to build now. How could I be so stupid to let it go?
Carlo- ive also got a picture of you doing a fakie on a streetstyler during a test from Freestyle BMX mag. I'll scan it later.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

fraz167

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Carlo- ive also got a picture of you doing a fakie on a streetstyler during a test from Freestyle BMX mag. I'll scan it later.

I have that pic as well...it was a pink street styler with grey tuffs (i think)

Cheers

Fraser

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 07:58 PM »
I also used to ride a CC. Great bike. Hightly sought after now. Never did remember what I did with it. I'd love to find one to build now. How could I be so stupid to let it go?

I have every bmx mag all the way back to 81... That was the test with the pink streetstyler was it... Oh i tell you what i was just hunting through my old stuff and i have a brand new pair of redline cranks in the box still....

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 08:01 PM »
your just rubbing it in now lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 08:05 PM »
on that cover shot are the 2 riders dwarves or is it the camera angle?!!

lol

i still have BMX beat with you (carlo) on.

you basically did all the tricks that craig campbell did on ground, and got higher than him on the ramps.
i still wonder how you had the strength to do that can can reverse pedal picker.

you were on wires werent you. go on. admit it. i wont tell colin kefford.

I feel like im being interviewed but its cool to talk to everyone one here... And knowone is negative or is being a dick...

Craig used to ride with me alot and i had alot of new tricks that i learned a few months before those comps but i wanted to show him and he learned them for bmx beat also...  Thats not saying he is bad just i had new stuff and was more motivated than him at the time.... I think competing with neil burnt him out and he had lost his motivation to ride..

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 08:15 PM »
you were pretty tough on bikes then. I think the worst damage i ever did was give my rear inner tube a puncture. Remember when Mat Hoffman came to Carlisle and did a huge Granny air and hung the rear wheel up. His tuffwheel smashed to bits. It was really funny as Peter Hawkings ran out and grabbed the bike off him away from our eyes.  lol

fraz167

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 08:17 PM »
I snapped a brake cable once ...LOL

Hey Carlo, would be good to hear about your early trips to the states to the AFA comps, 2 hips etc etc

Cheers
Fraser

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 08:18 PM »
you were pretty tough on bikes then. I think the worst damage i ever did was give my rear inner tube a puncture. Remember when Mat Hoffman came to Carlisle and did a huge Granny air and hung the rear wheel up. His tuffwheel smashed to bits. It was really funny as Peter Hawkings ran out and grabbed the bike off him away from our eyes.  lol

I think between me and mat at around that time we broke more wheels than they sold.... Peter Hawkins the team manager

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I snapped a brake cable once ...LOL

Hey Carlo, would be good to hear about your early trips to the states to the AFA comps, 2 hips etc etc

Cheers
Fraser

This going to be quite long...

In 86 dennis mccoy came to stay at my house and i asked if i could go out to the states and ride with him... what a suprise.. i thought a rode alot... he rode 6 hours flatland and a hour or two on ramps... but what was crazy was he would sleep all day and get up 9 at night and ride till 6 in the morning... Kansas city is dangerous and i would suggest if dennis ever asked any of you to ride there be carefull.... Apart from being shot at and chased with wepons basebull bats police helicoptors and police horses i cant tell you what is was like for a 13 year old kid... When i came back and my mum and dad said so what was the trip like well if i wanted to go back to the u.s id better say it was o.k...

Evereyone was real nice to me then and all the riders where cool with each other... I went to florida with Rick moliterno and Dennis.. even the plane trip nearly endid with us getting well chucked out the plane.. But i remember dennis saying they cant throw us out becouse we are in the air...

I should write a book...

Going to me first AFA contest was scary... Blyther and all the other riders i wanted to see and i was nervous to talk to them... But after i rode blyther and other asked how i was so small and it looked funny me flying on a bike... The haro team where real nice to me even though i did not ride for them they paid for me to eat and gave me stuff alot...

One funny memory i have was I was standing in reception with Hugo gonzales and Eddie fiola walked in and he had this new bike case and hugo said.. Eddie you brought your guitar with you... I cant make it sound funny but Hugo was real cool

One funny thing Hugo was after girls all the time... And he was about 24 and i was 13 and we was with all these coca cola girls and i wish i new that my tool was for more than peeing out of... There was hugo like a dog chating all the girls up and me talking about my bike....

I could go on more but you might get bored so if you want to know more i will re post again

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 08:40 PM »
no no keep going. we all love hearing about this stuff.  They are all names thatwe all know, and hearig stories is great entertainment. Hugo lives about 10 miles away from me in San Jose. I'd love to meet him.He was a right mentalist back in the day huh?

fletchy baby

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 08:42 PM »

yeah yeah !!!

carry on Carlo !!!!

fraz167

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Don't worry about boring us Carlo,, this is wicked....keep it coming

Cheers
Fraser

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Don't worry about boring us Carlo,, this is wicked....keep it coming

Cheers
Fraser

How do i attach docs to this.. I click browse and get the file from my doc and it wont show a picture

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 08:53 PM »
 and here a recent photo of Hugo... ( i think). Does'nt have the moustache anymore however...

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005, 08:54 PM »
and here a recent photo of Hugo... ( i think). Does'nt have the moustache anymore however...

Joe johnson in there also... Hugo funny bloke

fraz167

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 08:56 PM »

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Or email it to me rossabm@yahoo.com, if you can't be arsed with registering at photobucket. I'll post it.  meanwhile another photo of the US old school nutters. C'mon Carlo. We want gossip..

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Carlo...how to post pics

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=32.0

Gave up... i will get habbishaw or someone to help me set it up... Every pass word i put in it want accapt

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 09:16 PM »
 posted on behalf of Carlo

This is a picture of me and my son Luca....

« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 09:13 PM by tricknuts »

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 09:20 PM »
 C'mon Carlo. We want gossip..

In short... Wilkerson getting arested and taken away by helicopter... Large ray taking a crap in the hotel microwave and i cant describe the smell but it was beyond anything...

Another rider i stayed with was Gary pollak.. this kid was amazing at everything... I remember Joe johnson came to ride with me and gary and he said lets go ride with the plywood hoods... i will ill in bed when they got back asked them who was riding and they said well there was this 12 year old called dave mirra... he is quite good....  that was good days 87 ish... i had jsut finished with skyway and was riding for adidas but i had a disagrement with them and they owed me alot of money so i came back to england...

The manager i had at the time made me want to quit riding i was burnt and i came back and did not go back to the u.s intil 2001 when i competed again... no funny stories now...i guess riding pro is big buisiness....

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 09:21 PM »
posted on behalf of Carlo

This is a picture of me and my son Luca....

Yes this is me and my boy...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Early Christmas Present

gfxgfx
gfx gfx