gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Early Christmas Present
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Early Christmas Present  (Read 11334 times)

Carlo Griggs

Early Christmas Present
« on: October 18, 2005, 09:46 AM »
I just had a picture of Billy Stupple for the wall of my office.... Its so cool.... Bill i need you to sign it this weekend...

Thanks Bill

Carlo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Early Christmas Present
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 09:55 AM »
carlo you do know now dont you that his head wont fit through the door to be able to sign it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

sorry bill.
dave the bmxing gypo

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 08:21 PM »
carlo you do know now dont you that his head wont fit through the door to be able to sign it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

sorry bill.

Bill dont mess around.. He sent the picture right away... I bet he has them stored up.. I thought is was X rays from my doctor but it was Bill out side rad city... I remember when i was 10 or 11 looking at this picture and thinking how amazing it was... 

Carlo

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 08:22 PM »
carlo stop now...hes heads getting to bursting point....

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 08:35 PM »
Yeah he'll never get his lid on now.

Is it that pic on your avatar Bill?

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 08:45 PM »
carlo stop now...hes heads getting to bursting point....

Dave

Dave... He is so nice though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 08:52 PM »
oh dont get me wrong carlo...id like to have his children....lol!!!!!

Dave
haro, how do you do

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 08:57 PM »
oh dont get me wrong carlo...id like to have his children....lol!!!!!

Dave

Ha ... Im just messing now..  It soundid a bit gay my last post...  Dave are you coming down this weekend

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 09:08 PM »
im not mate, purely on the basis that bones trip is the following week, thanks for the offer tho fella, mark briefed me up on your new playground the minute he left you the other week....he sounded like a kid who had found a toys r us voucher, so i dare say a few of us would like to have a small venture down to your manor and have a bit of a ride..... :)

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 12:15 AM »
I just had a picture of Billy Stupple for the wall of my office.... Its so cool.... Bill i need you to sign it this weekend...

Thanks Bill

Carlo

It would only spoil it if I signed it Carlo, my writing is atrocious now days, btw I can`t make this weekend either as the wife is going to an exibition on Sunday so I have look after the kids all day, what joy  ;D

Mind you it gives me a weekend to try and get my ramp done  ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 06:24 AM »
quote- "I remember when i was 10 or 11 looking at this picture and thinking how amazing it was...  "

Carlo  I'm 33, and i look at the picture below, and think how amazing this is. This is probably one of my all time fav shots for pure out and out raw height and aggro. If I were you, I'd put this on the wall of my own office and sign it myself. You must have been about 13 or 14 at the time. Bloody nuts. Great photo. Respect

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 07:47 AM »
whoa :o
kick ass picture!

the thing with pics is they never actually catch the biggest air of the day but that is a very good pic & to think you probably went bigger too :o

fraz167

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 08:37 AM »
Yep..i remember that as well.

Carlo always went high....but then just started to do 13 - 14 foot airs.....i think he must have been older than 13/14....

Carlo...were you not on Prolite at that age??

Best No handers and Turndowns in the business imo

Cheers
Fraser

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 12:21 PM »
lol i always wondered what trick this was.

good on the ground as well as the air.
dave the bmxing gypo

theRuler

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 12:25 PM »
on that cover shot are the 2 riders dwarves or is it the camera angle?!!

lol

i still have BMX beat with you (carlo) on.

you basically did all the tricks that craig campbell did on ground, and got higher than him on the ramps.
i still wonder how you had the strength to do that can can reverse pedal picker.

you were on wires werent you. go on. admit it. i wont tell colin kefford.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 01:29 PM »
quote- "I remember when i was 10 or 11 looking at this picture and thinking how amazing it was...  "

Carlo  I'm 33, and i look at the picture below, and think how amazing this is. This is probably one of my all time fav shots for pure out and out raw height and aggro. If I were you, I'd put this on the wall of my own office and sign it myself. You must have been about 13 or 14 at the time. Bloody nuts. Great photo. Respect

Off the pic, to the left, somewhere near a kickturn ramp, I was stupidly looking somewhere else when this happened. The place seemed to go silent till Carlo landed I just heard 'Vrrrip..... gasps...." then a heavy, stem-bending re-entry.
Don't think I'll ever forget that, and the wait for the pics was agony! Do you have a larger version of this one?
If I remember rightly, this was filmed by someone or other. Was the footage ever broadcast?

RADHAB

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I've got it on tape and so has Carlo.........3 tricks later that bike is no more!!!!!

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 01:56 PM »
I've got it on tape and so has Carlo.........3 tricks later that bike is no more!!!!!

I was 16 when that was taken... I remember nosing that fu.ker in .. My air at the other end of the hall with out pedaling was 9ft..  I also did a 5 by 5 540 5ft up and 5ft out to flat bottom... So i borrowe my team mates bike and finished that thing to... That week end i had 6 new frames from just pumping.... The plate behind the seatpost tube just was u shaped after maybe a run....

I remember skyway saying i must land hard.... I nosed them in i told them so i left a rode for someone else...

carlo

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 02:00 PM »
So i take it you were a slice hard on thier bikes?

What was the strongest OS bike you rode?

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Is that why we see the secret stock of streetbeats coming out of the woodwork now?. Were they all your spares?

Got any more photos you would like to share with us Carlo?
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 05:32 PM »
yeh you got any skyway stuff left. i would give my right arm for a team shirt to go with my bike.
dave the bmxing gypo

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 05:43 PM »
So i take it you were a slice hard on thier bikes?

What was the strongest OS bike you rode?

Both me and mat hoffman used to go through alot of bikes... I was at mats house and he used go through alot of graphite tuffs... I used to have at least 10 spare graphites here all the time.... I think i used to get through at least 30 frames a year... I think Haro was the worst though... I built up a new air master and did about 10 airs couple of 540s and did a 900 and the bike was unridable... The cranks you could not pedal the where low.. everything was bent... I dont land hard at all i want ride if i land low...

I called jim ford up who owns haro and he sent me a new bike and said the bike looks like it has been run overe with a bus... I wish i took picturs of that stuff... I remember only hanging up a bit of a wheel from a 14ft pump and the whole back chain stays came off and the only thing that was keep it from killing me was the chain...

Ive seen and rode some shitty bikes.. One was when i had had enough of shitty bikes so i got given a MDP made by VDC... I was doing a show in swizerland on the side of a mountain and this guy came up to me and said what did i think of the frame...i said its real strong... 5 airs later the headtube came off at like 12ft out on take off.... This is when you realise how strong a frame has to be when you are pumping...

I think the TA was strong PK Ripper to weak.. Craig campbell frame was strong exept the dropouts... T.A was the best frame very strong i rode on about 91 for 3 months and the only problem i had it was realy short....

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 05:47 PM »
yeh you got any skyway stuff left. i would give my right arm for a team shirt to go with my bike.

I have a whole load of team shirts here but i have them all stored up and they have centimental value... The stuff i have saved here from the prolite skyway days is  alot... I have boxes of skyway and prolite stickers frames parts.. and my collection of DX pedals...

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 05:49 PM »

I have a whole load of team shirts here but i have them all stored up and they have centimental value... The stuff i have saved here from the prolite skyway days is  alot... I have boxes of skyway and prolite stickers frames parts.. and my collection of DX pedals...

Nice one Carlo...DX pedals, frames, parts, eh?! Anything selling?  ;)

On a question of strength...how are you getting on with the new school bikes...what do you ride?

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Is that why we see the secret stock of streetbeats coming out of the woodwork now?. Were they all your spares?

Got any more photos you would like to share with us Carlo?

No i would never sell the stuff i have...some of the stuff means so much just could not do that.... I have alot of pictures here from 79 onwards... when i learn how to do this download thing i will start scanning them....  

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Early Christmas Present

gfxgfx
gfx gfx