gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 02:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Leary paint job
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Leary paint job  (Read 998 times)

gavking

Leary paint job
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:11 PM »
I have been talking to a powder coater and he says the nearest he can think of for a leary paint job in powder would be either liquid smoke or they do a blackchrome.
Two pics here see what you think I know they arent perfect but wont wear as easily as etching lacquers. I think the first one looks the closest.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Leary paint job
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:39 PM »
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! the old LEARY smoke chrome nutmeg .This problem is gonna go on and on . Coz everyone,s ( obviously ) wanting a finish thats far more durable than the original nail varnish type of finish ( comes off when you look at it ) .But nigh on impossible to get a place with facilities to do somethin like a bike.  :'(
Going off your pics dude doesn,t look like a bad alternative though  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:38 PM »
That first one looks noice!!!

DAN, DO YOU HAVE LIQUID SMOKE POWDER?

:LolLolLolLol:

gavking

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:50 PM »
The first one is liquid smoke over achrome powder base.  It looked realy good on a piece of metal at the powder coaters so im gonatry it!!! Not on aleary though as I dont have one.

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Deffo the first one looks shit hot  :daumenhoch: which coaters you been takin' to?
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:20 PM »
That first one looks noice!!!

DAN, DO YOU HAVE LIQUID SMOKE POWDER?

:LolLolLolLol:

nope :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 11:22 PM »
speak to PKRADMAN he has the answer its the last time ill say it   FFS !!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

gavking

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 11:43 PM »
Yo plinky the pics are off the net but the coaters where bettablast in shiremoor who had the sample!
My frame is going over there on thursday to be done So will pm you with pics when i get it back.
A lass I work with reckons victoria coatings will do any colour too as her bro works there and she asked him.
So im gonna ring them in the morning as they are more reliable ( a better finnish from them)

Frosty

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55 AM »
The first one looks ideal for the Rupe and Pro Class bikes but not right for the Leary, it needs a blue tint rather than smoke. Maybe the people who put the smoke together can make up the blue version too!!

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Gav,

I'd be careful with Betterblast mate as he wrecked a set of BBS allys I gave him by blasting them too hard, sometimes he's good sometimes he's worse than shit.

Have a word with DIRTBIKER250F he got somebody on Team valley to do his Ripper and was real pleased with it (the owner was a old school mountainbiker)

Best o' luck with it

A.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

gavking

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 09:44 PM »
Yeah he fooked a few lambretta parts of mine and he blasted some beetle bumpers putting  holes in  them then powder coated them with the holes in and tried to charge george for the finnished piece of scrap!!! Dont think he cares much!!!!
I rang victoria today and am going along to see them so will tell ya what happens.
whats garys name on here as im getting some pads made and billy from dentons reckons gary is interested in sorting some out.
Im going to inerleathen if thats howyou spell it!! on sunday with kela and dugie ( rod hull) ingles but am gona try and get down to
Hartlepool in the near future on the floval are you and gary going down there at any time. 

Coastvl

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Just thought I'd post this pic up of a paint demo. It's done by a guy I know down here in Aust. Looks pretty good to me. It's called black chrome.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Leary paint job

gfxgfx
gfx gfx