gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hartlepool Track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hartlepool Track  (Read 3494 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Hartlepool Track
« on: October 17, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Big up to everyone who pulled their finger out and worked on and got the ball rolling to create the best lookin track ive seen, cant wait for it to be finished dudes.  Welldone
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 04:32 PM by OrgasmDonor »

mightymini

Re: Hartlepool Track
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 06:15 PM »
ive started working up there now  :D

steveN

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Thats not what the contractors said, it must be the day they have done the least work. At least the entrance to the first berm is now sorted. Will you be visiting anymore this week Mark?

mightymini

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 06:35 PM »
yeh iam up there tomorrow working my magic  :o

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 07:39 PM »
dig faster!  ;D

mightymini

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 06:35 PM »
we got a new first double its massive its new school and it was all steves idea i tried to stop him ???

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 06:48 PM »
first double? ??? where? on the last straight dude? please not first straight. show me piccy please, please pretty please :)

mightymini

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 07:06 PM »
first staight first double, you couldnt pedal fast enough and its definately not forgiving.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 07:10 PM »
you must be takin the PI^% dude, theres not enough room! you are windin me up arn ye? you makin me bite like a rabid yorkshire terrier arn ye dude, just windin me up ye BAST%*&! ;D

mightymini

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 07:15 PM »
god know they must be 14 feet high and very long they have had to shorten the table top to a speed roller to get them to, how did steve put it "work"

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 07:34 PM »
wuuuuuuuhuuuuhuuuhooooohahaha very funny dude, didnt believe ye for a second, what de ye fink i am stoopid or sumink?(dont answer that). :D

mightymini

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 07:47 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 07:53 PM »
oh hardy fookin ha ha! you need to lie faster, im very forgiving blardy blardy blah blah etc etc.......... :D

steveN

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 08:05 PM »
O Bruised one do not panic. The doubles are slighty higher and now have some shape to them. All I can say is that the workmen have adopted Gary's work ethos so there is no way they can be much bigger in 2 days.

Steve :D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 08:24 PM »
im surprised they can form words never mind talk. (tell them bren said that) ;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 08:26 PM »
i fin work at five on thurs so im gettin armoured up and havin a go, ye cant break whats already broken can ye! bet its lashin down and windy as foooook! :D

Eddy

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 09:24 PM »
bet its lashin down and windy as foooook! :D
Does it ever do anything else up ole summerhill??
I like the way how one day ya can do the quad and sail the bigun at the end of the 3rd straight and other days no matter how hard ya try ya can hardly clear the quad!Gota love the wind, Vornie doesnt like, got blew off his bike in mid air on the last bit of the quad, he can confirm (as can I )that the surface hurts when hit at speed.  Sod the big jump anyways, do the step up, its class!!

Though I do have serious reservations about the new work gang, they seem more willing to learn Pujabi than use a diesel whacker to whack the track, am up tommorow as soon as am done sigining on (live the dream!), gonna do the whole surfacing meself if I have to, am dammed if anyone is gonna balls this thing up for the 4th time, not on my whatch damit!

Jump in question:

The new entrance to the burm
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:33 PM by Eddy »

mightymini

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 11:34 PM »
iam claiming that berm and doubles  ;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 12:35 PM »
they will be jumped tom night, weather and ribs permitting, if not you can have them mr mini dude. ;D it is lookin  8) mind, ooooooh yeah!

Eddy

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 06:01 PM »
Ok then people
Surface has gone down on the 1st and 2nd straight, it aint down properly yet on the 2nd straight but seems to have took well on the first, that double is mint now and fully rideable, should habe second straight finished tomorow and maybe even the 1st burm

In slightly worse news the contractors are leaving on Friday, potentially for good.  Apparently conditions on site are such that they cant whack the surface in right, total load of bollox if you ask me, I aint ever met a bunch of people so against doing any work, me and rob ended up pulling the whacker over the 1st double because we were so sick of nothing being done.  I can say certainly that the burms are not going to be whacked right, they refuse to use the diesel whacker for anything and that the entire track is getting "one 25mm dusting and thats it"
When we asked why they replied "because thats what it says on the sheet".  Its a constant uphill battle against them and is so annoying when you know how the surface needs to be applied and yet they wouldnt do it they way you ask.

Seems the roller can go over pretty much everything, managed to do 90% of the second straight with it and not damage the jumps underneath, all the lips are still there and still spot on, I think they may be realising (slowly) that they may need more than "25mm and one pass", this should be an issue really as there is 150 ton of surface being delivered to the car park over the next few days.

Sadly though I still have zero confidence in their abilities to apply it right to the track, without me being there holding their hands or doing it ourselves they will use that shyte petrol whacker instead of the diesel on and we aint getting anymore than 1 surface coating, no matter how much me, rob or ste tell them its a waste of time only putting one down

RIP summerhill, so near yet so far

If you wanna see how good it could have looked get up there asap before the little bastards come with their pedals and shyte bikes and ruin it all for us

mightymini

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 08:26 PM »
wtf is going on, what did tony say, they wont even finish the track by friday. iam working tomorrow but will pop up on my way home. there seems to have been a hell of a mood change with the contractors, when i was there they were enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Mr mm, u got pm dude :)

Eddy

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 05:58 PM »
Here's some pics from today, the surfacing doesnt seem to be rutting up as bad as it did the earlier in the week, seems to be settiling down fin.  However some kids have decided to ruin the take off for the step up whilst trying to make it better (highly usefull of them)

Good job there lads, we have no idea who it is but they are using a spade

They also messed around with the table top

The new double at the end of the 1st straight

Some more pics

Bren Gunn

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 06:39 PM »
Track looks great :)

Is that the bloke out of Mr Ben, he used to pop up all the time as well ;D

Bren

Eddy

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Thats big rob, he is my scale measurment on about 90% of the build pics, its kinda like a measuing stick but a bit easier to direct and use

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hartlepool Track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx