gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BADBMX - Mothers day Special - 18th Mar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BADBMX - Mothers day Special - 18th Mar  (Read 2288 times)

spillers#1

Re: BADBMX - Mothers day Special - 18th Mar
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Would have loved to have gone today but i've banged me knee up racing my other bike at brands hatch last weekend...crashed in the first race and haven't been able to walk properly all week, i will catch up soon though.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Great day everyone, weather was pretty rough with high winds, snow and hailstones. Well done cazbo, gary and paul for running a smooth race...

I believe Gary took the win with stve vinoah came second and russ fiolas lovechild in third I think....
I managed dead last thanks to a wrecked MX1000 and wheel :'( :'(.

Humps put on a brave face after leaving half his chin on the track, good job it was a full face, otherwise I think casualty would have been the next stop.

Happy birthday to the Brixton rider, Jeff. He was gutted he couldnt race after his crank bearing collapsed...

And I promise i wont take the piss out of the pink Tange anymore, Gary was smoking on it!!

Pics will have to wait till tomorrow as I dont have a lead at home, sorry chaps
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Humps put on a brave face after leaving half his chin on the track, good job it was a full face, otherwise I think casualty would have been the next stop.
If ever I needed convincing that a fullface is a 'must have' it was today as I clipped the pedal on the berm and was launched into a face-plant in the loose shale.  Despite the fullface I still ploughed into the loose and since arriving home have inspeected the damage - abrasions on left knee, right shoulder and a delightful bruise swelling up above the right knee.  Daren't tell my missus just how much it all hurts but what the f**k we're hardcore riders, eh Ratty!!??  Message to self - must find OS frame with long toptube on which 180mm cranks are a bit higher off the deck!! 

Despite the wind, hail and everything else the elements threw at us it was a good day and big props to Samual Orena who swept the first berm which will hopefully stay like that 'til next week.  See you all next Sunday for another session of carnage.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 08:00 PM »
I didnt know who swept the track down, but he did do a great job, and acted as marshall as well....

He helped me after jammimg my rear wheel in the final. :daumenhoch:

Al, hope you feel better soon mate, that chin was nasty and even worse after you came off >:D

Tell mrs humps it hurts and get a pampered evening :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 08:03 PM »
that chin was nasty and even worse after you came off

I'd be :LolLolLolLol: but bits of me hurt and no way does Mrs H pamper my stupidity!!  Humps

DR VINOAH

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 08:22 PM »
ace day out @ daggers

all the different weather thrown at us today
i was looking out for micheal fish ;D

big claps to the youth lad who won the rider of the day trinket :4_17_5:

did i really triple my moto,s again :coolsmiley:

ratty almost got me in the final until his mx1000 went oops upside his head
i cant wait to see the days pix
and im looking forward to the overall results in the daggers O/S class

roll on the summer warm up

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 09:21 AM »
'Twas a shame it started later than the normal Braintree meet. As I had to shoot off after the first moto.  :'(

Got home an hour late for the mother-in-law's Mother's Day meal.  :knuppel2: :LolLolLolLol:

First time at Daggers for me and it is one slippery mo'fo of a track. Hats of to Mr Vinoah for ripping up the track in the race I had with him.

Just a shame about the local yoof and their phone stealing antics  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

But all in all a good little meet. Nice to meet some more faces.

Can't wait to have a full mornings race there.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Phone did get returned Jim, so alls well in the end, Im just working on the pics :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 02:32 PM »

First time at Daggers for me and it is one slippery mo'fo of a track. Hats of to Mr Vinoah for ripping up the track in the race I had with him.

cheers jim

i think me racing legs have come back ,the power of the jedi ;)

i do consider daggers as me home track,although i still get all out of shape over the 1st step up

bwoy was it windy,cross wind in the 1st straight was a nightmare lol

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 02:39 PM »
I was gonna ask for a drugs test at the end mate, but thought it would have been pointless!  :D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BADBMX - Mothers day Special - 18th Mar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx