gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Nottingham Wheels Centre
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nottingham Wheels Centre  (Read 1206 times)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Nottingham Wheels Centre
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Did you ride there, what did you think of the place, i use to love the vert ramp with the dodgy coping on the one
side and the roof was tooooo low. I can remember doing Champion of Champions comp in the 90's on vert there

What happened to the place

SaMAlex

Re: Nottingham Wheels Centre
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Is that the place with the 5 or 6ft spine? I went there a few times in the early 90s and went to a comp there in 94ish. It was really good, pretty much everyone was there (BMX was a small world then). I didnt enter the contest but had a good ride and learn loads of stuff on the spine. We all spent the night in a hut next door, sleeping on the floor while Phil Dolen rode all night on a "forks, bars, stem and one wheel" bike.

BSD has some vid footage of it, and it was in Invert and Dig I think.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Yeh it was the place with the 5ft spine ramp,  and it was in invert mag

had many a good session there, place was just full of the hardcore riders as bmx was in its darker years

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 11:27 AM »
I will try to get BSD to put some of his footage up on the video section.

bsdforever

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:29 AM »
the year was 1992

I'll try and get the footage digitised this weekend, I have a lot more video treats coming soon, I just wanna space them out a bit

Lazarou

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 12:00 AM »
How do you transfer your stuff Grant? I've got tons of old 8mm bike stuff from the nineties and have no idea how to do it!

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:12 PM »
me at nottingham. cheers for the photo Eggy

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Heres an old shot of me at Nottingham.

I think this is the closest I ever got to a lookback, and I dont think I got as close since!

Steve Shindig

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Was there a section from that place on the GET-UP video?  was the video even called Get-Up... dunno.  Too early, my brain hurts

bsdforever

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:37 AM »
How do you transfer your stuff Grant? I've got tons of old 8mm bike stuff from the nineties and have no idea how to do it!

I have a mini DV camcorder, I connect them up the transfer from VHS to MiniDV which digitises the footage, then i plug the camera into my mac and use iMovie to make a quicktime file

and Get-Up was a Gary forsyth production

FIL EBZ

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 07:18 PM »
My mate Jez entered that contest in amateur and finished his run on the 5ft withan attempted back flip and landed with his chest on the coping everyone thought he was dead well bad crash but he was ok.
#
did nottingham about once a month in 91 and 92 slept in some really dodgy places around Nottingham in Jez`s car.

Loved the wall ride just ish I had the bottle now though. and the volcano in the spine was ace for pussies like me!!

Fil

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Nottingham Wheels Centre

gfxgfx
gfx gfx