gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  new projects
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new projects  (Read 1187 times)

gt0733

new projects
« on: February 28, 2007, 03:52 AM »
i just thought i'd share some pics of the projects i have at the moment. the medium pro DB is beautiful and is going to be kitted out with gold and polished components.

the haro sport is going to be powdered white with white wheels and green components, the GT fork will stay chrome. the redline mxII has already been powdered and will have red components except for the TRX fork which will stay chrome.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: new projects
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 05:50 AM »
mmm that DB with the prism stickers takes me back, keep us posted ;)

Coastvl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Is that Lewis' old DB? I was lookin at that and it is very nice. You scored well. What year is the Sport? The forks for sports are a real pain to find. I have a set for mine (I have 2 frames) but I had to buy a whole bike for the forks!  :laugh:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Thats going to look tops mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 06:54 PM »
that sport is an fst i think fella....

Dave
haro, how do you do

gt0733

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 03:30 AM »
hey coasty, yeah from lewis in tassie.....it was an excellent deal considering he'd already rechromed and restickered it, also tossed in an extra set of tourney calipers  :daumenhoch:

rom bloke, i know nothing of these freestylers, i only had racers. the fella i bought it off described it as a 1987 sport. may i ask why you say it's a fst? and if it is where can i get the stickies?

gt0733

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 07:01 AM »
haro # is 87 053302

Coastvl

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:26 AM »
Gt, if it has pins in the rear platforms it's a sport. If it has knurling it's an FST/FSX.  :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 09:33 AM »
coasty, there looks like what appears to be knurling along the chain/seat stays that go into the rear dropouts. the damn thing is HEAVY too, well way heavier than any of my race frames so does this mean it's a crap frame?
where will i find fsx stickers, i've only seen sport or master. or will you pull my toenails out if i put 1985 sport stickers on it  ;D

thanks for the link Bru.................it's just sparked an idea.

Coastvl

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16 AM »
coasty, there looks like what appears to be knurling along the chain/seat stays that go into the rear dropouts. the damn thing is HEAVY too, well way heavier than any of my race frames so does this mean it's a crap frame?
where will i find fsx stickers, i've only seen sport or master. or will you pull my toenails out if i put 1985 sport stickers on it  ;D

They are a good sized frame but they're trimoly so that makes them less desirable. I building one of mine for my son to ride. When I finish everything else  ::)
I think Chip at C4 labs will hook you up with stickers for it. At least I hope he can.

munners

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:26 PM »
 ;)Just picked up a Chrome 83' Ta, Curved brake bridge with built on washer. The frame, dropouts and forks are like new but it has pitted badly around the stem/top tube so its been sent to the chromers today. My first project and CANT WAIT!!! :uglystupid2:

gt0733

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 08:15 PM »
munners, it looks like the TA needs a oxalic acid dip and polish. i'm sure it will be sweet when you've finished. the brake bridge on that TA looks very similar to the DB one.

coasty, it looks like i've bought a dud, i may just hang it up or give it a spray can paint job here at home. i was going to give it to roberto for powder but can't justify the cost + postage now. just goes to show i didn't do enough research and bought on impulse  :idiot2:

munners

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Ah mate,

I got it off ebay and the boy who owned it was 16! He didnt have a clue about what he was actually selling. He describred it as in very good nick and when i saw it i thought it was Xmas until i looked around the stem and the noticed that the chrome had peeled off and bare metal was showing. Gutted, so i knocked him right down! I felt like a thief, poor lad!

My old man is a lambretta and Vespa freak who gets things chromed all the time and he said there was nothing i could do to salvage it, but i knew that anyway, so to the dippers it was!

Cant wait to get it back. I love my Ta's and have done my homework recently and it is defo a 'proper' frame with that brake bridge.
 :daumenhoch:
I will keep ya posted. Cheers mate. Nick

gt0733

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 08:44 PM »
i wasn't doubting it being a TA, Nick, i was just saying the brake bridge was similar to the DB. a lot of frames were built by the same manufacturers BITD so similarites were inevitable.
what components and colours are you kitting it out with?

munners

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 08:52 PM »
Hi mate,

Im so sorry i sounded defensive about it! :uglystupid2: No offence taken mate, it wasnt meant like that. Happy you told me. :D

I got a white Ta already with Tuffs, so i just got a pair of UKAI chrome rims on this with Compe 3's. Luvly! And between me and  you and all the other members i just become the proud owner of a Chrome Tuf Neck stem and a pair of Shim DX in black!!!!!!! :D

I want black dia compe MX1000's and a red line flight single pinch 180 if ya know any going??

gt0733

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 09:29 PM »
yep, top selection there mate. flights come up all the time on ebay so no probs there. chrome and black theme will be very impressive  :smitten:
i'd like a gold tuf/pro neck for the DB. it's just a matter of patience before one turns up, then a matter of how big the bank account is  :angel:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 10:23 AM »
That sounds like it's shaping up to be another excellent TA build in the offing there munners.  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Cheers Zip, Its gonna cost me though!!! :(

For you Gt, there is a Gold tuf neck stem on ebay. Looks like its seen better days but you may be able to do something with it?

;)

gt0733

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Cheers Zip, Its gonna cost me though!!! :(

For you Gt, there is a Gold tuf neck stem on ebay. Looks like its seen better days but you may be able to do something with it?

;)

thanks, Nick  :daumenhoch:.............it's on the list  :coolsmiley:

spinmaster

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 01:29 PM »
whats the serial number on the TA could be another early K numbered one.

munners

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Hi mate,

Its 8-83 0004819.

:daumenhoch:

spinmaster

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 01:37 PM »
i was nearly right. lol. earlier ones tend to have the brake bridge you've got on yours.

spinmaster

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 01:49 PM »
this thread might be useful to you somehow

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=16494.0

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  new projects

gfxgfx
gfx gfx