gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 07:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  gt 24 bb h/set removal
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: gt 24 bb h/set removal  (Read 554 times)

spesh

gt 24 bb h/set removal
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:03 AM »
got my 05 gt cruiser about to be stripped and readied for that old school make-over
just a couple of questions tho

bb is it the same as a mtb one in that it unscrews anti-clockwise with a special splined socket(which i have)
or are they cups like the old bmxs
and how does the headset (internal?) come apart, are they races and do they just pop out with a little force
or are they bearings that need drifting out?
if anyones got any diagrams which would help
cheers spesh

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: gt 24 bb h/set removal
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:16 AM »
BB is same as MTB/Road so unscrews anti-clockwise, might not be the same fitment as Shimano or ISIS so you might need to use a different tool, one that is curved with a hook type bit on the end to grip the slots around the outside of the BB  :daumenhoch:

The bearing races should pop out the same as old school, when I took my forks out of mine to get them chromed the bottom race came out under hand pressure but yours might need to be drifted out, only way to know is to take it apart and see  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

spesh

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:24 AM »
thanx mate   defo anti clockwise yeah? coz i dont wanna break anything going the wrong way :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:29 AM »
thanx mate   defo anti clockwise yeah? coz i dont wanna break anything going the wrong way :LolLolLolLol:

Now you've got me thinking  :LolLolLolLol:  Defo anti clockwise as normal riding rotation would loosen it, I'm going to have check now  :-\  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  gt 24 bb h/set removal

gfxgfx
gfx gfx