gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Bash Guard Haro
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bash Guard Haro  (Read 14920 times)

Ritchie Rhythm

Bash Guard Haro
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the name was of the Haro that had the bash guard running underneath the bottom bracket? I think I can still get hold of one and is it worth owt.
[Anyone got any pix of one
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:29 PM by Ritchie Rhythm »

Lazarou

Re: Bash Guard Haro
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57 PM »
There was a bashguard Sport too

woody allen bars

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 09:28 PM »
If it's a neon red colour it could be an Airmaster, just like Mat H rode in Head First.

Beautiful bike to ride and pretty scarce now I believe

Craig

Ritchie Rhythm

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 09:31 PM »
If it's a neon red colour it could be an Airmaster, just like Mat H rode in Head First.

Beautiful bike to ride and pretty scarce now I believe

Craig
Where can i get some pix of one

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:34 PM »

i had a nos sport bashguard last year couldnt get £200 for it

Ritchie Rhythm

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38 PM »

i had a nos sport bashguard last year couldnt get £200 for it
Where is it now then?

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 09:54 PM »
here a early one and will be restored at some point as have all the original bits for it
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 10:06 PM »
here a early one and will be restored at some point as have all the original bits for it

Paul, that looks very bling and that chainring and spider look fast standing still  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Here's a bashguard 1990/1991 haro sport I renovated - it was a knackered old thing, and i had it powdered then bought era incorrect but nice looking decals, then stuck some odd bits on!

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 11:20 PM »

I thought only Ron Wilkerson got to ride one of those early bashguard Haros. Seem to remember in Freestylin' seeing a shot of him in some kind of concrete drainage structure riding one in the last months of his sponsorship. I'd always assumed it was a prototype.
Later the bashguard shape changed and there were twin or single toptubes. Apparently they rode the same.

Love yours, generallee.

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 11:26 PM »
the one ron was on was a master,they came in chrome/red/black ,then the sport was re-desiged with the bashguard but still with the 2 in 1 top tube platform which came later

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 03:40 PM »
the one ron was on was a master,they came in chrome/red/black ,then the sport was re-desiged with the bashguard but still with the 2 in 1 top tube platform which came later

Do you remember the pic? I think he'd stuck some cardboard between the top & downtubes to put stickers on.
Let's test the memory cells a bit.
Stuntmaster's chrome one is a MK1, Andy B. had one of these around 1989, I remember riding it. There was a MK2 with a reshaped guard (you could get it in 'zolatone', as ridden by Lee Reynolds). About  this time I started thinking they should do a Sport-style one, and soon after there was the shot of Ron W.

Aw damn. I REALLY don't want to have to go dredging through the collection of mags next home visit. Especially if I'm going to eat crow afterwards!

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 06:33 PM »
it was a big jimmy 'z' sticker between top and down tubes, ron was riding the rer master at a woodward king of vert comp,blyther was on a chrome one( not sure if hoffman was on a black one also)you can check them out on ride like a man vid/dvd or on the dorkin boxset also.
then yes the speckled paint job one was next (same for sale on vertigo) then the sport one was after that. i need to go lie down now ! ;)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 04:16 PM »

the haro sport belonged to a well known rider and i will do something with it at some point

i am slowly doing this gt aggressor, if anybody has a complete decal set i really do need one

YGT

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 04:31 PM »
I have a  few GT agressor stickers .....
I bought them for an agressor project in singles over a long period of time but never finished the project so i will hunt them out.

Mark

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 04:34 PM »
mark

that would much appreciated

cheers

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 11:41 PM »
I think I've asked before, but maybe no-one knew at the time. Seems like Gary4130 is a bit clued-up on this subject so it's kind of directed at your knowledgable cranium, matey.
The Basher was (according to an ad scan on VBMX) from about 1997, very late in the day. Was it a rebadged Sport, Haro using up their unsold frames?
Reason for asking is curiosity about it's construction. Is it TriMoly or CroMo?

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 08:56 PM »
I think I've asked before, but maybe no-one knew at the time. Seems like Gary4130 is a bit clued-up on this subject so it's kind of directed at your knowledgable cranium, matey.
The Basher was (according to an ad scan on VBMX) from about 1997, very late in the day. Was it a rebadged Sport, Haro using up their unsold frames?
Reason for asking is curiosity about it's construction. Is it TriMoly or CroMo?
give me until the weekend mate,and i'll dig out my old bmx plus and us ride and see what i can find out for you

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 09:14 PM »
yep the basher was rebadged sports bit like the ultra that was rebadged master 

muttley

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 09:24 PM »
I saw some geezer on a bash guard sport last Sunday down near Wallington, you on here mate???

OI STUNTMASTER WHERE YOU BEEN THEN????

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 09:34 PM »
i`m ok muttley long story for another day .my mate has a sport he was trying to sell and could get anyone to buy it , everyone had a sport in sutton back in 91 including myself so there most probably few in sheds there somewhere

YGT

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 03:47 PM »
mark

that would much appreciated

cheers

This is all i can find at the moment.
thanks

Mark
p.s email me if you want these as i forget allot of stuff like checking many threads. byke@chello.se

/>

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 04:02 PM »

mark i just love your videos they do make me chuckle, as for the decals they are different to the ones i have got i will have a snuffle about laters to show you

cheers pete

WizardWeb

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 05:50 PM »

I thought only Ron Wilkerson got to ride one of those early bashguard Haros. Seem to remember in Freestylin' seeing a shot of him in some kind of concrete drainage structure riding one in the last months of his sponsorship. I'd always assumed it was a prototype.
Later the bashguard shape changed and there were twin or single toptubes. Apparently they rode the same.

Love yours, generallee.

Yeah Wilkerson rode a red original bashguard master in late 88 and before the WAL frames came out. That frame was around in 89 - 90. At the tail end of 90 they brought out a Sport with the revised bashguard and then in 91 there was an Airmaster too.

Here's the one I owned and predicatably regret selling. Someone wanted it more and at the time I wanted the cash....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Bash Guard Haro

gfxgfx
gfx gfx