gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help with spoke size for suzue LF w/ Pro Class & Araya Aero rims
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with spoke size for suzue LF w/ Pro Class & Araya Aero rims  (Read 550 times)

mark j

Hello , bought some spokes today to build some suzue sealed on a pair of 1.75 pro class rims and some suzue unsealed on some 1.5 araya aero's and they're to small by about a cm.  Hubs are low flange and front is smaller than back. Anyone got any experiance in buying spokes for these set ups or know where an online spoke size calculater can be found?,
thanks in advance,
monsieur le mark :4_17_5:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Help with spoke size for suzue LF w/ Pro Class & Araya Aero rims
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:05 AM »
Mark ... use 194mm for low flange on the PC rims  :daumenhoch:

I used 192's on the Araya Aero wheels you've just bought from me

Steve

mark j

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Thanks Steve, the problems began when I told the shop owner that I had 194mm off him last time and had to grind off about 3-4mm and we started looking at other sizes and I think he must of given me 184mm for some reason. That was my night ruined , I had it all mapped out, was going to watch Lillies and build wheels...

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 12:13 AM »
DOH ... the numbers add up if you got 184's by mistake. You'll defo need shorter spokes for the Aero rims which have a smaller ERD

Here's a useful on-line calculator ... !!! CLICKETY CLICK !!!   :daumenhoch:

Steve

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help with spoke size for suzue LF w/ Pro Class & Araya Aero rims

gfxgfx
gfx gfx