gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  just finished building my bully piston.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: just finished building my bully piston.....  (Read 1428 times)

rakas17

just finished building my bully piston.....
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:51 PM »
just put this together, still waiting for the stickers...

i bought this as a frame and fork from a shop in harrow in about 91/92 ish, for £99 i think..  in about 98 i painted it blue for some unknown reason and recently have attempted to restore it to it's former glory..   i still have the correct bars and sprocket but opted not to use them due to tattyness.  the bars on it were the peregrine ones with metal everywhere.
   the stem was a polished peregrine one and i managed to source one in the US on ebay, the dude wouldn't ship to the uk so i got him to send it to a hotel where my mate was on holiday.  most of the other parts are pretty straight forward. 
  It also used to have a peregrine front brake but i've just gone for the pitbull on the back which it used to have.

heres a pic of it bitd..

here it is now

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:53 PM by rakas17 »

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
Re: just finished building my bully piston.....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:04 AM »
that rocks Joe :4_17_5: . my mate has one of them bashgaurd versions, but i can't get him to part with it :'( cool bikes.
ding dong

Flaz

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 05:28 AM »
that rocks Joe :4_17_5: . my mate has one of them bashgaurd versions, but i can't get him to part with it :'( cool bikes.
i have one of the bash gaurds what you got to trade ?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 08:17 AM »
Nice one mate!  was it 'The Bike Shop' along Pinner road in Harrow?  great little shop and been going for donkeys!   :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 09:09 AM »
i have one of the bash gaurds what you got to trade ?
I am still trying to get the one of giel, he's got mint red dx's and mint 7c's on it. He is cracking, but i haven't been round for a bit. Gonna have to push harder. If not, then when i am back in blighty, maybe we can trade something. :daumenhoch:

john.
ding dong

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:48 AM »
nice bike mate
i have a bully that i am rebuilding at the moment

Flaz

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 02:28 PM »
id like yo know where you could get decals from ??

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 06:09 PM »
mmmm do love a bully, :smitten:interesting rear brake set up mate,does the pit bull worke any better? pity you don't see too many bully's about, suppose they all broke at the plate by the seatpost. i know my bully2 did. :tickedoff:

rakas17

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 06:29 PM »
id like yo know where you could get decals from ??
ygt on here sorted me out with a scan for them,  they were the wrong colour but i changed it in photoshop and now i'm waitng for a mate to do me a set.  they wont be proper cos it'll cost too much to screen print for one set so i think they're gonna be the cut out style.  should look alright though.

rakas17

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 06:32 PM »
mmmm do love a bully, :smitten:interesting rear brake set up mate,does the pit bull worke any better? pity you don't see too many bully's about, suppose they all broke at the plate by the seatpost. i know my bully2 did. :tickedoff:
the pitbull works alright like that..  there isn't enough space between the brake bridge and the seat tube to do much else..   in that original photo there is an acs boa on the back but at some point i had a pitbull set up like this...
  to be honest all old school bmx brakes feel sh1t compared to v brakes and disc brakes nowadays..

theRuler

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 09:43 PM »

lol true
the one i have has been heavily rewelded at that point!

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 09:58 PM »

lol true
the one i have has been heavily rewelded at that point!

yeah pity about on bully's nice light bikes,i remember when everybody was selling them for £99 !!!!!!!!!!! should have bought a dozen  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 05:55 AM »
I worked for Bully (same owner as MCS Bicycles now) for years, and I always liked these bikes.  Bully hasn't been the same the last few years!
 Great looking build you have there!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  just finished building my bully piston.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx