gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old School Racing photo
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School Racing photo  (Read 688 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Old School Racing photo
« on: February 17, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Found this photo on AR's website, a similar one appeared on the cover of BMX Action Bike, my claim to fame here is that the rider on the far left (any guesses anyone that used to ride Hayes and was a Hawk?) is wearing my Bell Moto 3, Haro Race Pants and riding my Araya Aero Wheels and tyres!  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

xtremepervert

Re: Old School Racing photo
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 03:43 PM »
If you look very carefully you will see that the blue part of Pete Middleton's lid is all scuffed up under the tape. The previous week Herne Bay track was officially opened by the local MP's. 2 of them had to ride a lap round with Andy Ruffell, & one of them borrowed Pete's lid. Unfortunately he hadn't mastered speed jumping, & went BLITZO OTB at the first jump. Anyone else on here remember that???

Mr Rusty

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:54 PM »
Yeah I remember that PMSL  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 06:32 PM »
That was taken at Runnymead race track, I was racing there that day, it was an open meeting and everybody turned up.  In the picture the guy 2nd right (next to Pete Middleton) is my friend Will Roach, he used to travel with my family to races and I still see him these days.

In my age group that day Stu Diggens had just come back from racing in the US and blitzed us all.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:47 PM »
I knew Dave Dawson ( No.2 ) , he's a cool guy  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old School Racing photo

gfxgfx
gfx gfx