gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DIAMOND BACK SILVER STREAK SPEC
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DIAMOND BACK SILVER STREAK SPEC  (Read 5384 times)

mclarenj

DIAMOND BACK SILVER STREAK SPEC
« on: February 13, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Hi

Can someone tell me what the exact spec of a Diamond back Silver streak was please back in the day? 1984 model
You know:
Wheels/stem/brakes/crank set etc..........

As always,thanks to anyone that responds.

:)

Jazzchimp

Re: DIAMOND BACK SILVER STREAK SPEC
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Wheels Araya 7x
Stem DB Sugino (dark grey with polished top)
Stem Fluted silver with black stripes
Sugino 1pc crank, seat clamp (with db logo)
Bars DB small (25 or 6 inch I think - I'd need to measure em) - with Diamond back stamp
Pedals Silver DB SR (diamond cut out)
Aero saddle
Turbo looking 44 chainwheel
Suntour 16 freewheel
DB tyres (2.125 front 1.175 rear)
Dia compe 890 rear with pre bent lever (only came with 1 brake)
Mine had grey black FUAN grips and don't forget the pads!  :daumenhoch:
Bananamans is the closest I can see but he has the 3pc crank

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=149.15
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:19 PM by Jazzchimp »

mclarenj

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Jazzchimp-I salute you sir. Thanks :daumenhoch:

Now all I need is a F&F....anyone ?

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:20 PM »
That will be the easy part!

Getting the bits will be a whole lot more difficult.

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:57 PM »
The US and UK models of the Silver Streak did differ, this can be demonstrated by viewing UK/US marketing literature. Some came with SR type alloy seatpost clamps, while others had Suntour, the US adverts promoted the SR clamp which the HL had. If you want to be picky about wheels, make sure they are are fully anodised black rims, and not shine sides.

The chainwheel, in most instances were Sugino 44T, that's not to say they didn't come with HL styles. Another noticable difference can be the grips, of which there were three types, Foam over Vinyl, F1 type and Cobra.

I purchased my SS from my cousin, who had it from new, which is in the museum, though I did put the era correct grips and brakes back on (I prefer front and rear), apart from that, it's how it came out of the shop with the drilled chainwheel, which is probably an optional extra.

Sparky

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Jazzchimp

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Chain wheel wasn't drilled - but it was a turbo 44T in black on some - I still have the chainwheel of my SS on my TA if you look closely

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Large Gusset models were 82/83 The Spec changed on the 84s ...as did the Gussett, it was made smaller.. I think DB went to the Pacer 500, Formula One and HL Turbo at that time. I think they then rereleased the Silver Streak as a Super Streak...
 Here is a rare small gussett Silver Streak... I have only ever seen two or three of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/OLD-SCHOOL-DIAMONDBACK-SILVER-STREAK-BMX-BIKE-FRAME-80s_W0QQitemZ220080267607QQihZ012QQcategoryZ98082QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DIAMOND BACK SILVER STREAK SPEC

gfxgfx
gfx gfx