gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fitting Redline Flights
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fitting Redline Flights  (Read 555 times)

Superkav

Fitting Redline Flights
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:55 AM »
I just bought these Flights from colouredtuffs.com and I'm having an absolute mare fitting them, they're my first venture into 3 piece cranks :-[ I have the cups, axle and sleeve in already...that bit was easy.
So now I have a pair of 1mm wahers and a pair of 1.5mm washers, a large machined black spacer and a smaller machined black spacer.

For the drive side do I fit a washer next to the bearings then add the large black spacer then the crank arm? Help! no fookin instructions in the box...plus I'm a coont

LXIX

Re: Fitting Redline Flights
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28 AM »
you only use what you need with the washers for the drive end to line the chain up on the free wheel you might not need the all

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:36 AM »
just fit what you need to. the big black one probably goes on the non drive side.
I want to touch ORB

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:40 AM »
As the guys have said, fit the big black one on the non-drive side and the small black one on the drive side then use whatever spacers you need to fill up the gaps, you may need them all or none at all.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fitting Redline Flights

gfxgfx
gfx gfx