gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sugino BB
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sugino BB  (Read 661 times)

Vegan

Sugino BB
« on: February 15, 2007, 02:18 PM »
I'm talking the BB not the spider or chainring or crank - the bottom bracket itself

Is there such a thing as a Sugino BB? I've never seen one

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Sugino BB
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Yep there is

Vegan

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Yep there is

Cheers Nick

Do you know much about them? what difference there is between them and a Tange BB etc..

What did they come on as spec - I need to get one and can't bloody find one anywhere

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:38 PM »
as the wax says, like the ones below for normal 3 piece cranks and the bottom pic for the redline 400 series

Vegan

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Sorry dudes forgot to mention 1 pc cranks BB

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42 PM »
ahhhh
then not sure

I know they did one for the redline and 3 piece not sure on 1 piece , they must of , grey box red writing springs to mind

maybe branded as tioga , as i think Sugino and tioga were brands from the same company

Vegan

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Check this spec list - do you think it's accurate? Araya yx's not 7x's - look at the bottom bracket heading

http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=53674_scancrossrider10003_122_409lo.jpg

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 05:01 PM »
Maybe they refer to the spider and bolts, although its quite possible they did a one piece crank BB they made BBs and lots of one piece cranks , so why they wouldnt do a full house?

Although the same group of companys were interlaced with each other not sure but Tioga , Tange , sugino were all part of the japanese cycle co , so maybe tange did the one piece , and sugino didnt bother

Its hard to find out unless you speak japanese , i did try to get some history but was stuck after i got a pidgeon english email from them

well it does say seat pole , so maybe it came with a flag

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sugino BB

gfxgfx
gfx gfx