gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 10:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  KHE Catweasle
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KHE Catweasle  (Read 1881 times)

NYSoul

KHE Catweasle
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Anyone got any info on these?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: KHE Catweasle
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Quality frameset,  quite short, favoured by flatlanders and miniramp riders.  I've not heard of a broken one - ever - a mid school gem for sure   :)

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:48 PM »
came out around 1992, and was sold for almost 10 years

you could buy a complete khe bike, using this frameset in three guises:

skunk
pussey
catweasle

all three however used the exact same weasle frame - the idea being you get the top frame whatever and just get cheaper parts to get you going. (unless you bought the catweasle which came with all the top shit as standard)

designed the legendary albert retey

rode by many top flat / miniramp riders of the 90's

benchmark for quality solid frames, in the era of weak hoopty frames

all sold in chrome, afaik!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 11:32 PM »
I did not know that.....  Only ever heard of the Catweasle itself...  You're right about the chrome I think  :) 

NYSoul

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Cheers, mate in Manchester has just been offered one if he goes and gets it. I will make sure he goes!

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:38 AM »
get it

look out for damage on the drive side chainstay

i think these were designed for compact drive (yes all the way back in 1992) and if you use a 44 the chain catches and wears a hole!!

no biggie though. they are well tough frames.
desirable extras are: the catweasle 1" threadless forks. the stickers in good condition. good luck with them!

YGT

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 03:58 PM »
first ones were made with reynolds tubing in russia (these were painted black i think) ... albert had to go and live in russia for a few weeks while they made the frames.
I have seen these frames in white/chrome/ black .... there may have been other colours but i cant rember them.

Mark

nomad

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:02 PM »
just dragging a old one up here, i had Ollie Matthews old Catweasle frame off him after him. It was one of the very first and was in black. I absolutly loved that frame, learn wallrides on it too :D
I am going to build one up after my Holmes is done (two very diff frames there!)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 11:03 PM »
here you go mate! you can build it to spec now if you want!

though i think 92 was a little early, this is more like late 95, early 96. first catweasle i new of, saw it in black too! was pretty much introduced as a cheaper alternative to the homeless player, and as stated in the ad, was also ridden by jason davies until he designed the beater shortly after, wouldn't fancy that frame on vert!

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:25 PM »
I'd love to get hold of a scan of that downtube decal, I bought a catweasle F&F of Gra a year or 2 ago, still got it in the loft waiting for resto

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 10:12 AM »
One of my favourite frames ever, think one was on eBay recently. Sheffield area, I think. One of us?

welsh denny

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 04:40 PM »
a damn nice ride they were. wish i still had mine. had mine as a frame and got a mosherfork front set up to complete. got plenty of footage of me riding it, along with big daddy's many years ago.....

and yes, you gotta get it . rad bikes. you wont be dissapointed.  :daumenhoch:

nomad

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:32 PM »
here you go mate! you can build it to spec now if you want!

though i think 92 was a little early, this is more like late 95, early 96. first catweasle i new of, saw it in black too! was pretty much introduced as a cheaper alternative to the homeless player, and as stated in the ad, was also ridden by jason davies until he designed the beater shortly after, wouldn't fancy that frame on vert!

Ollie only ever had the black one I got I think, could be wrong thou. I was defo a early one, the headtube was none too clever either, headset cups never sat right in it.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  KHE Catweasle

gfxgfx
gfx gfx