gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  nottingham race
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: nottingham race  (Read 994 times)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
nottingham race
« on: February 11, 2007, 07:16 PM »
finally broke my racing cherry today,met up with dingo and andy for the club meet at bulwell,in my group i was up against dingo and a load of cheeky whipper snappers,1st moto i was in the dreaded lane 1, dingo got the win and i finished 4th,2nd moto and i'm in lane six with dingo in lane seven after a long pause on the gate dingo got the snap with me very close behind,after the first table he cuts me up!!,but that's racing, so i finish with a happy 3rd, dingo won again,3rd moto and my legs are like jelly now and i slipped a pedal out of the gate and after casing the 2nd double and nearly coming off on the 3rd berm i  finished with a 4th.

on to the finals i'm in the B final with andy i got the snap but was beaten to the 1st double by a mountain biker,so i was chasing his rear wheel all the way to the finish so ended up with a 2nd,happy as a pig in sh*t i shook hands with all the racers in my final and thought i was gunna pass out i was sh*gged.

andy came 4th{i think} and he looked as knackered as me.

onto the A final dingo got the snap but was obstructed by the scetchiest rider on the gate and he finish with a 4th{i think}

all in all i was well happy with my first time out racing.

cheers to dingo and andy for making me feel welcome and thanks to del for selling me the cruiser.

pic of me,dingo and andy looking tired

priv

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: nottingham race
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:05 PM »

christ andy looks like shit

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:12 PM »
you have to come to dorset mate for a spin on the iford track 'and a nice pub next door  :daumenhoch:

FIL S

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 09:17 PM »

Well done Ady, good result for your first meet. bet you wish you hadn't left it so long now.

Looks like Russ and me had better get some training in if you decide to come and race at preston.  ;)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:23 PM »
What a great days racing (apart from not winning, gutted  >:( )
Andy texted me to say he has the bug now and wants to know when the next one is 
Ady (Priv) was rippin  :2gunsfiring_v1: great to meet you dude and good results for your first time out
We need more radsters there next time so get out from behind those keyboards and ride your bikes  :LolLolLolLol:
 :) DINGO :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:57 PM by dingobmxer »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 09:33 AM »
well done, Thats a good set of results for first time out. You cant beat that feeling of going ten rounds when you finish the last race.

Come over to Braintree in the summer, we are getting an average of 10 old skoolers over there now.

Wheres the action pics???  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Andy

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 12:50 PM »

christ andy looks like shit

cheers pete lol

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Went to the track on the way home today and it was blowing a gale and flooded so no sneaky practice  :tickedoff:
 :) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  nottingham race

gfxgfx
gfx gfx