gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 03:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  EASTWAY TRACK will be demolished soon
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EASTWAY TRACK will be demolished soon  (Read 1056 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
EASTWAY TRACK will be demolished soon
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:14 PM »
As you probably know the olympics are coming to East London and we have been told eastway will be demolished as the land will be re developed, theres talk of a new international track to replace it. But it will mean the death of one of the countries earliest tracks.

Anyway 796, dj pj and me were talking today about a last re union race to be held this year, there will be a few problems in achieving it but it is possible, the track is overgrown and requires some sorting out. If you are interested in racing or can lend a hand in clearing it up a bit can you reply on here.
If we get enough interest we will organise a race there, and perhaps try and get some of the original racers to turn up.

heres some pics me an 796 took last year. Cheers Tony

:Great_Britain: :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:37 AM by RATTY »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

kennyhunter6061

Re: EASTWAY TRACK will be demolished soon
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Was that the track they used in Don Smith's book with pics of Ruffell demoing how to jump etc?

se

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Yep I'm up fora bit of spadework.

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 06:59 PM »
the last of a breed  :'( not many of the oldies left  :'(

mattnice

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:00 PM »
I Used to be a Member of The Eastway Exterminators,Every wednesday night i used to race against the stabelli's ,i think the best i ever got was a fourth but because i went every week i came third for the whole season... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Matt a member on here nishiki 14 rode there during the club days, you might remember him sam wonfor!!

Kenny, yes I think it was where they shot some of the pics

Se, thanks mate, your names now down.

I am going over there soon with a friend who does landscape gardening etc. to get an idea of how much work is actually involved, I think its a waste of time trying to restore it to how it was, but just clearing it and making it safe enough to race would be good..

mattnice

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 07:44 PM »
All i remember from there is falling off at the first speedbump and throwing my bike at my mate.[hr cut me up]

Flaz

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 12:44 PM »
if memory serves me right tis was the only track i ever rode around back in the day   eastways RIP

all my little crew where strictly freestyle (skate parks) and plain old jumping (trails) at hampstead

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Raced there loads of times, the last whoops were triangular in shape, fecking difficult to ride over and god help you if you fell off, more road rash than riding on the road  :LolLolLolLol:

There used to be a great jump down the back of the track towards the tunnel, blast down the path and up the bank on the other side  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:56 AM »
Any one else up for it???

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:48 AM »
I used to race my mountain bike there evry wednesday in the summer in the Eastway summer series.

The Tufty Club ruled that's for sure.

Then stopped at the Firkin in Vicky park on the way home. Those were the days.

nishiki14

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 05:37 PM »
JUST SAY THE WORD MATE!!! LOADS OF MEMORIES THERE, My brother and me ruled that place back in the eighties, no number plates though, we had bibs instead. :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:48 PM by nishiki14 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  EASTWAY TRACK will be demolished soon

gfxgfx
gfx gfx