gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  new raliegh burner race.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new raliegh burner race.  (Read 1846 times)

jazzyje

new raliegh burner race.
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:15 PM »
what do people think of the new raliegh burner race then?i think it looks pretty cool, and if a bike firm like raliegh are going to sell em then you can bet this will only be a good thing for racing.theres a pic of one on bmx talk in the raliegh burner topic.will it be a boost for racing? bearing in mind that they are the household name for bikes in this country.burner haters feel free.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: new raliegh burner race.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:25 PM »
new age gypsy bike, cooool ;D

huffy

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 08:41 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

yeh could be a good thing

lookks a goood bus

russ 8) 8) 8) 8)

QuadPaul

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Could be a good thing for BMX, but can't work out why they ain't gone for the o/s colour scheme :idiot2:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:22 PM »
new age gypsy bike, cooool

naw.
i ride a T/A  :daumenhoch:
dave the bmxing gypo

davemac1974

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 11:11 PM »
I have no real idea about ns, but I can say that Raleigh think that this is a decent specced bike for £200, and its a way back in for them to the race scene.

They wanted it to be cheap enough for parents to buy, but the frame good enough for the other parts to be upgraded when required.

We asked about the paint job...can't remember the full answer as I was drooling over the os Team Aero Pro replica prototype at the time.  :D They wanted the womens Olympic team to use it but the sponsorship would've cost too much or something? (This doesn't make sense....I'll ask the question again!  ;D)

http://www.burnerworld.co.uk/2007RACE_Flyer.htm

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18 PM »
shame if they dont go with the old team colours.
was looking foward to see it done.
would'nt take much to do that front end though eh.
dave the bmxing gypo

davemac1974

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 11:20 PM »
Decision's already been made Dave...its staying as is  :'(

Opportunity missed I think to be honest, but we can't have everything, the old AP is back!  :coolsmiley:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 11:25 PM »
nevermind then dave.
i wonder how long it takes for the first one to apear with the front end blue with team pads on it lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

davemac1974

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 11:26 PM »
... wonder how long it takes for the first one to apear with the front end blue with team pads on it lol.

;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 11:55 PM »
nevermind then dave.
i wonder how long it takes for the first one to apear with the front end blue with team pads on it lol.

Knowing Burnerworld, about a week  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gudge

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 05:07 PM »
I saw this about a week ago on one of the mtb mag sites, and i think the old school re issue is way better than this new fangled thing ???
Now where did i put my pipe and slippers :D
http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php'sid=2295

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41 PM »
i'm an old burner fan, and the above bike looks pretty good.

but.... would people into racing buy a burner?

when i raced as a kid i started out on a burner as it was all i had, i quickly learnt there were better bikes for racing, so quickly changed it

i just dont get who this bike is aimed at?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 05:46 PM »
new age gypsy bike, cooool

naw.
i ride a T/A  :daumenhoch:

not with THAT tyre pressure you dont.
I want to touch ORB

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 06:43 PM »

We asked about the paint job...can't remember the full answer as I was drooling over the os Team Aero Pro replica prototype at the time.  :D They wanted the womens Olympic team to use it but the sponsorship would've cost too much or something? (This doesn't make sense....I'll ask the question again!  ;D)

By that I presume that your meaning the British Womans Olympic Team? Shanaze Reade has just signed a new deal with the Redline world team. http://www.bmx-racing.de/index.php?id=1&x=12 I can't see her blowing that out to ride a burner somehow. :2funny:

Charlie Phillips I believe is also on it, or if not another main contender. Her Dad Pete imports Staats and Crupi (alough Custom riders distribute them now) or some thing like that anyway. So I cant see her ever riding one either.

The other girl in the frame for the British team is Joey Gough, she rides for Dialled on BMX, some tin pot british outfit run by a dodgy oldshooler so she might go for it. ;) Seriously though I doubt it as well.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:48 PM by Flying_fox »

Flying_fox

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 07:00 PM »

Old school dad's who want their kids to ride the same bike as they had only an updated vertion, or old schoolers getting back into racing again.....

There are only say 500-1000 people who race regularly in the UK, thats a very small market to try and take a piece of. Unless Raleigh think that race BMX's are going to be fashionable again with the Olympics and the kid on the street will want one..... 10mm axles so no pegs, 36 hole cheep rims that will buckle easy and an Alloy frame that will snap if you ghost it out of a ramp or down some steps...... I can't see it taking off, or no where vaguely near to the level that the original did.

Sorry to be a spoil sport but thats my honist opinion.

digitaltransfer

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 08:11 PM »

Old school dad's who want their kids to ride the same bike as they had only an updated vertion, or old schoolers getting back into racing again.....

There are only say 500-1000 people who race regularly in the UK, thats a very small market to try and take a piece of. Unless Raleigh think that race BMX's are going to be fashionable again with the Olympics and the kid on the street will want one..... 10mm axles so no pegs, 36 hole cheep rims that will buckle easy and an Alloy frame that will snap if you ghost it out of a ramp or down some steps...... I can't see it taking off, or no where vaguely near to the level that the original did.

Sorry to be a spoil sport but thats my honist opinion.

I concur with the above !  :LolLolLolLol:

theRuler

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 09:03 PM »
you can't get a lot for 200 quid
that burner looks ok for the money

this bike is aimed at anyone buying an entry level bike.
i have seen a lot worse from raleigh. they have made some real blinders in the past (10 years)

Moschops

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 09:12 PM »
The only market I can see for it is teens that are new to racing whos dads will be stung for a piece of crap that re-kindles memories of their miss spent youth.

To big for the real little fellows and anyone of our age now knows better.

Nice try Raleigh........but too little too late :yahoo_silent:

theRuler

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 09:31 PM »
at that money most bikes are a similar quality

maybe the "nostalgic" dad will decide to give in and shell out for a bike for his kid
one more kid riding aint a bad thing!

and at the least bike doesnt have a quill stem and side pull brakes like other recent raleigh new bikes (and i dont mean the new aero pro)

however upon reflection i'd spend my cheap bike money on one of those "blank" bikes that extreme-direct sells. they are cheap as chips

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  new raliegh burner race.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx