gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT 3 piece crank - HAF!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT 3 piece crank - HAF!  (Read 1456 times)

adiec72

GT 3 piece crank - HAF!
« on: January 17, 2007, 06:58 PM »
I have bought a "NOS old school Tubular GT 3 Piece crank" which arrived today and nearly gave the postman a hernia. It weighs in at a huge 1.8kg!!

have I been ripped off or did they all weigh about the same as a small labrador??

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: GT 3 piece crank - HAF!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:48 PM »
any pics adiec72?

one of the GT crank sets (tho it was maybe mid school?) was allegedly made by profile and was very similar in appearance.
(Profile racing cranks with US BB weigh in at 2.64lbs or so...)
A weight of close to 4lbs sounds a lot for yours, especially if they're tubular...  ???

Brian.

adiec72

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:18 PM »
any pics adiec72?

one of the GT crank sets (tho it was maybe mid school?) was allegedly made by profile and was very similar in appearance.
(Profile racing cranks with US BB weigh in at 2.64lbs or so...)
A weight of close to 4lbs sounds a lot for yours, especially if they're tubular...  ???

Brian.

hmm - think I've been ripped! Will post some pics tomorrow! Look nice but I think the bike will leave grooves in the road....

rory

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:21 PM »
my gt cranks look the same as profiles [same spindle ]just have gt stamped on them , proberly weigh the same.

adiec72

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:55 PM »
my gt cranks look the same as profiles [same spindle ]just have gt stamped on them , proberly weigh the same.

OK - I'll hold fire on the verbal bombardment of the seller till I have posted pics and someone can tell me for sure!

thanks for the help.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:59 PM »
I know this is not a great pic of them, but these are GT Profile Cranks, are they like this..

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Here is a better Pic

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 07:19 PM »
They sure look like "GT" profiles. GT just got profile to stamp GT on them for a while. Other than that. they were just profiles. Dont know why they should be heavier. Are they 19mm spindle? They might be 22mm but I didnt think profile ever made the "SS" cranks for GT

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT 3 piece crank - HAF!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx