gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Please please please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Please please please  (Read 609 times)

NYSoul

Please please please
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Could someone with a Vintage forum login find me the topic about restoring GT Power Series cranks and copy and paste it up here?
I used to be a member but it seems they have blocked my login and now want me to pay $25 to rejoin. :idiot2:

Cheers
Matt

Coastvl

Re: Please please please
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:15 AM »
That would be Roberto's thread. He's a mate of mine. I'll be back in 5..........

Coastvl

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:22 AM »
You start with 150 grit paper to remove all the deeper nicks and scratches, and the anodising, then go to 320 grit in soapy water..... but be sure to sand in a paralel stroke !!!

That should take 2hrs per arm.

Once you have an even grain appearing on the arms, sand them for about 40 mins each with 1200 grit in soapy water. Keep an eye on the finish, you don't want to polish them !!!!! Good luck!

Trust me I've seen it in the flesh and it rocks. The whole bike is like new.

NYSoul

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Thanks for that. Looks like that will keep me busy for a while. Are there any pics of the finished arms?

Thanks again :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Please please please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx