gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  How can you get a council park in you area?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How can you get a council park in you area?  (Read 972 times)

billy-bmx

How can you get a council park in you area?
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:04 PM »
were i live there nothing apart from two massive parks where then can easily build a little park but how can i get the council to do it?

DR VINOAH

Re: How can you get a council park in you area?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:16 PM »
billy best ask rhys romkid

i think he knows the youth who got the blackshots ramps built

if i recall correct,the lad put a petition to the council

also good idea to get on the case of your local paper

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:18 PM »
thought there was a park near you at craylands lol
may get shot or stabbed and ya bike nicked tho

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:20 PM »
yip, partioning the council is the first step, im sure two bob pretty much knows this shit inside out...ask him billy.....

Dave
haro, how do you do

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:21 PM »
just dont try and do it in Oxford! we have been trying to get the council to build a park for 15 years!!! At the last meeting about it in December they put it off till March, again. Fingers crossed this time!

http://www.owp.org.uk/news.htm

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:21 PM »
thought there was a park near you at craylands lol
may get shot or stabbed and ya bike nicked tho

skatepark :LolLolLolLol: :2funny:  two   one foot ramps,  loads of chavs and empty beer bottles >:(
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 10:53 PM »
Its easier than it has been in recent times, but its still bloody hard...  First things first;  form a riders/skaters committee. Sounds like bullshit, and it is for the most part but the council like that kinda thing.  Next up is a petition with as many worthwhile signatures on it as possible, i.e.  the local police, businessmen, council workers like sports centre trainers/instructors  that kinda thing.

That could be 6 months work right there; the petition needs to have hundreds of signatures on it and a good few personal reccommendations from high profile people is always a boost too.  You need to show the council that a park is a neccessity in your area, not a luxury.....

Alex's Oxford tale is not unusual at all sadly.  Oddly enough though, when I was at Fearless Ramps we built a couple or 3 parks in the Oxford area and that may well have served to damage his cause in the long run.  Can't do right for doing wrong, as they say..  ::)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 08:29 AM »
we just got one built by bendcrete in oldham. took 3 years of nagging. worth it though.
I want to touch ORB

piper

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Just say its part of youre custom in the  country that you are exiled from,then watch them JCB`s fly.... :2funny:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 02:56 PM »
Just say its part of youre custom in the  country that you are exiled from,then watch them JCB`s fly.... :2funny:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:49 PM »
we just got one built by bendcrete in oldham. took 3 years of nagging. worth it though.

The first Bendcrete parks were the slipperiest things known to man, down right dangerous.  They've sorted it out now, they dont polish the concrete like glass anymore   ;D ;D

Shame they don't have a little more variety and creativity in their parks though.  That said,  it's a quality product these days.   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  How can you get a council park in you area?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx