gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 07:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Silver streak gets another makeover
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Silver streak gets another makeover  (Read 516 times)

GREMLIN

Silver streak gets another makeover
« on: January 15, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Hey all.  Another look for my Silver Streak...  About the 4th now i think.   It always seems like a test bed for new parts before they're moved onto other rides.
I stripped and polished the Silver Streak Sr crank set, to go back onto it.  Came out quite nice i think.  I left the red surrounding the silver streak wording on the face of the crank arms,  adds a small splash of colour to them.  Kinda like flight crank effect.
The bottom clamp of the stem got a repaint in black, and the top has been polished up too.
An aero saddle has been added.  Some kinda bars i picked up off this site a week or two back, 'coz i think they look good.
And finally a sparkling new set of Skyways with Tioga comp III's.
Brakes, chain etc are here to go on as well.
I want to get myself a Haro flo panel plate for it.  Any ideas on white or black? I can't make my mind up.

So what do you think of her this time around?   :daumenhoch:   G.

gt0733

Re: Silver streak gets another makeover
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:08 PM »
......but you can't go and can't stop  :2funny:
i'd go with a white plate to match the tuffs. are those the double dropout forks? i'm watching a d/b streak on the bay at the moment and it has the double dropouts.

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Cranks look better polished imo  :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:18 PM »
very nice

very nice indeed

the likkle lick of red sets it off

real purdy :4_17_5:

GREMLIN

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Thanx lads.  They're just the normal fork drops G.t. I've taken a look at the one on the Bay. Nice f'n'f and wheel set.
 A white plate i think too now. Although the wife said "if i can't make my mind up, then get 1 of each"  bless her.  :4_17_5:
Thanx Iain.  They're a lovely set of cranks. The red never really sat well with me tho. Thing is i sat about for months thinking what to do, instead of just getting on and stripping them. Only took 2 hrs to strip inc working through wet 'n' dry's to get them all shiney. 
Has anyone had any luck with spraying brake callipers up?  I've got sets of Dia compe 890's here that are polished at the mo. Thinking of coating them black to go onto Streak. Can't be too hard can it?  Thanx again,   G.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Silver streak gets another makeover

gfxgfx
gfx gfx