gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pk Rippper Timeline
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pk Rippper Timeline  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Pk Rippper Timeline
« on: January 13, 2007, 06:28 AM »
Cant find the thread  :tickedoff: Help please  :smitten:
 :) DINGO :)

zed4130

Re: Pk Rippper Timeline
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 08:08 AM »
? not sure myself will be interested though  :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:53 PM »
i smoked it

last night :LolLolLolLol:

seriously i need to see it and all

twas looking for it the other day

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I've got it on disc somewhere i'll dig it out.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 03:46 PM »
This was originaly done in April last year then updated an July with proof obtained from various people here and on V and OS. Some of the pics are gone, i will try to find some when i have more time.

I've done quite a bit of delving and seem to have a lot of conflicting information but after some education here's what i've come up with so far. Thanks to everybody for all their input and photo's especially Brian Hays.

Ok, Firstly there was the 1978/9 to 85 looptail. i know there were tubing and dropout variants on this but this is basically it.

Which was replaced in 85 by the 'XL style' upgrade with integrated seatpost but with straight chain stays.

The straight stays were a wrong-un so was changed in 86 to the more common tapered stays

sorry about the small photo here.

From what i can make out SE went very quite at this point and were working out of Mike Devitts garage during this time in the late 80's so it stands to reason not a lot went on in the development field. So although some seem to think the next version came out some time in the late 80's i don't think it came till 90 or 91, i have positive proof of it from 92 which is the most seen variant, the fabled 87/88-94 pitbull or 90/1-94 pitbull, i think, till anyone proves me wrong. but things do go a little awry at this point...

followed by the 94 to 97 with an inch and an 8th headset although in this time they did produce variants in both headsets with either and both types of brake mount so they do blend into the final version which was the 97-99 Canti with the A head.

Shameless plug on my one there.

Followed by the identical Fuji Asian version. seen here in action...

I'd like somebody to prove me wrong again but i think these are exactly the same frame although they are stamped in a different place i think they were probably made in america but were warehouse stock. i hear a lot of talk which says different but i think at most they were US SE stock rewelded and the circumstantial evidence says more than the bull$hit so I doubt Fuji actually made their own bikes till their 2k version of which there seem to be 3 variants so far.

i would appreciate anyone who has solid proof that can put me wrong  :daumenhoch:

There have been a couple of others since, the 07 and the loopy retro.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:49 PM by Bob_Acid »

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 03:54 PM »
this is my 05 model  :daumenhoch:

dj_benice

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 03:58 PM »
my loopy, would like some white/blue ame unitron's or oakley f1's ;)   Pedals n chain comin ;) now who's got a stem pad or a stem so blingin I don't need one  :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pk Rippper Timeline

gfxgfx
gfx gfx