gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Please Read
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Please Read  (Read 3422 times)

steverobinson

Please Read
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Apparantly I have pissed everyone off by trying to sell old school bmx dvds I have had a warning from someone from this site who appears to have re registerd in a different name to send me the PM.

First off all I would like to say sorry to all who has been offended I didn't intend to upset anyone and have never tried to con anyone or decieve anyone. I am an honest guy and never hide who I am I personally think this warning as come from another dvd seller thats why there hiding there true identity and why I haven't been banned from the site. I hope I don't get banned from the site but will stop using this site to post messages but would still like to stay a member because I like to read the messages on here.

This seems to have come about since I offerd a bike in trade for old school footage yes I would have used the footage to sell but at the price I sell them for there's not much profit in it and since I got banned from ebay I have hardly made any money at all in fact there would be more profit in selling the bike. I wasn't only after the footage for profit I wanted it for my own personal use too. I did want to edit my own dvd together with the rest of the footage I have with some new old stuff too.

Its not like I was asking for the footage for free and then selling it back to you guys for £15 I sell them cheap so everyone can have them plus the person would have got a decent project bike out of it too.

Now apparantly the TV companys are after me and if thats the case then I reckon I have been grassed on and would advise anyone else to be carefull with stuff they sell.

I only do this to earn a bit of extra cash for me and my kids I work also but only earn enough to pay my bills and like I said I haven't earnd much money since being banned from ebay I also don't have a penny to scratch my arse with thats why I offerd the bike in trade as it was just sat in my shed doing nothing and I don't have the money to restore it or ride it anymore.

I didn't know where I should put this post and wanted everyone to read it and hopefull accept my appologie but I 'm not going to be bullied.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry to anyone who I may have upset.

Steve Robinson

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Please Read
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:58 AM »
i must have missed something ,i didnt even no you was selling dvds or a bike  .   ??? 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Steve, there are some snotty tow rags on any forum, from where i see it you are doing us a favour, the material you have is not available from the tv companies, and the copies you have supplied have been a valuable guide to restoring our bikes, I'm behind you mate, I'm sure if the admin wasn't happy they would contact you, not a snot rag.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 10:08 AM »
i must have missed something ,i didnt even no you was selling dvds or a bike  .   ??? 

Me too, what Dvds have you got  ???

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Tough break fella. If I had some I would have swapped ya.

I would have had some off of you to.

Hope all works out ok.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 10:13 AM »
I'm with you mate, dont see a crime here :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:20 AM »
I think your doing everyone a great service Steve  :daumenhoch:
Otherwise many of us wouldn't get to see all that old school footage.

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:22 AM »
you havent pissed me off steve

iirc your prices are fair

i do a bit of the same myself, selling on copies here and there. i pretty much just make enough to buy a new spindle of dvd's. and then i usually end up sending them out free to people

i have come under fire (lol) in the past for selling some copy that someone else feels they "rightfully own".

all i really wanna do is hook people up with old bmx footage, so they get hyped about bmx, start riding, and maybe ride with me. riding on your own sucks.

so long as you are not breaching any copyright laws then you should continue to sell your wares

careful with the tv companies, but tbh some web nobody (no offence) selling a few dvd's aint exactly worth their bother

steverobinson

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Thanks for that guys I am guessing its just one person.

The dvd's I have are on my website I do have a few bits of other stuff but was saving that to see if I could get anymore to put something together that nobody had seen yet. I would have even liked to have interviewd old schoolers and made a real good dvd like the rolling through the decades skateboard one which is a history of uk skateboard scene but I think that would be too costly for me.

I did use to have a link to my site as my signature but I have removed that as I didn't want to annoy anyone but my site can still be seen by hittin the little world Icon or by clciking my name to see my profile.

dj_benice

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 11:39 AM »
good prices nice guy  :)

electobooty

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 12:24 PM »
Don't see a problem with your actions, and saw the threads you posted.

If someone had the relevant footage they would be getting a great deal.

Who is the problem >:D

Can't see the site top bods having a problem, or have I missed something.

Good luck

madall

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Steve
I have bot many dvd's of you and there spot on mate I actually want another full set like I got last time of you for a mate.
I hate Bullies also, you carry on buddy as your DVD's have brought great memories back for me and I for one am delighted with them.

All the Best

AL

DR VINOAH

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 12:45 PM »
crack on steve

and f@ck the jealous back biters i say

as said above your dvd,s are a godsend

as for the tv companies they are gutted coz they never thought of it themselves

and they probs erased there copies eons ago

i saw a similar thing happen in the graffiti scene back in the early 90,s

but a few words in the right earholes sorted it all out :knuppel2:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 12:58 PM »
name and shame the third party ffs

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 01:11 PM »
to me steve you are doing us all a favour with the dvd's ,and at at those prices nobody is getting ripped off, fook them mate !thre should be a big enough pie for all to have a slice !!!  :wtf:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 01:16 PM »
name and shame the third party ffs

Dave

Yeah name em!!
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Donker

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 01:20 PM »
names please.......................

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 01:26 PM »
At the end of the day the copyright holder has to bring the action, unlikely it will be the TV station as they only braodcast it so it will be a production company of sorts.  If the copyright holder is still in business (and given the age of the broadcasts you'd have to ask) it's unlikely to happen as the sheer cost of bringing an action against you to prove you have proifited from the sales is huge.  The burden of proof is theirs not yours, they have to prove how many you sold and at what profit; proving that would cost the plantiff (that's them) money and lots of it.

FFS, I think the film/movie/tv industry has more to worry about than a guy selling a few copies of 25yo BMX footage copied from video's onto DVD, despite what some "know all" tells you.  Keep on doing it, ensure you only cover your costs and admin and I doubt if anyone would have a claim against you.  I think the movie/tv industry will be very busy looking at the internet and YouTube and it's contents before they come after you Steve  :daumenhoch:.

A name would be useful  :-X

Better to crash and burn than fade away

theRuler

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 01:27 PM »
there should be a big enough pie

mmm pie

Flaz

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 02:32 PM »
youve obvisouly stepped on a toe of someone but your prices a wicked  so good on ya

dont be bullied   name and shame    everyone  has a ip address what stays the same no matter who or what you call your self, 

lets see who the bully is ?   :police:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Yeah tell us.

I have an idea who I think it is.

Flaz

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Yeah tell us.

is it the maid in the lounge with the candlestick

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 03:18 PM »
Yeah tell us.

PM me who you think it is if you won't post it jim .

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 03:26 PM »
Yeah tell us.

It must be you Matt as you fell for my fiendish plan! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 03:28 PM »
Yeah tell us.

It must be you Matt as you fell for my fiendish plan! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

:tickedoff:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Please Read

gfxgfx
gfx gfx