gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  dp freestyler help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dp freestyler help  (Read 1143 times)

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
dp freestyler help
« on: January 09, 2007, 03:25 PM »
hi people, im trying to find anyone that would know the original specs on an 83/84 firebird freestyler.
my one is crome finished, and is fitted with kuwahara exhibitionist forks, curved araya rims with sealed suntour hubs and S&M slambar replica handle bars can anyone help me out???? thanks

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: dp freestyler help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I'm no expert.....but weren't they only sold as a frame and forks? not complete?

Someone will be able to confirm....... :daumenhoch:

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:33 PM »
cheers for that, i have no idea how they were supplied, just trying to make an effort to keep it period

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Yup, only sold as a frame and forks so whatever spec you build it to will be fine (as long as the parts are era correct mind you if you want as original).

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:39 PM »
thanks for that people, shold make it nice and easy to finish then  ;D i have been trying to find bits an pieces on it, and havnt come across another chrome one, does anyone know any good re-chromers, or is powder coating/painting the way forward?

piper

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Mine`s came as frame and forks only,some bike shops did there own complete bikes but cant remember who.. :daumenhoch:

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:42 PM »
thanks for that people, shold make it nice and easy to finish then  ;D i have been trying to find bits an pieces on it, and havnt come across another chrome one, does anyone know any good re-chromers, or is powder coating/painting the way forward?

Firebirds alway look good in white IMO. If the chrome is in good nick try polishing it with Autosol or similar or even oxalic acid if it's a bit further gone. Failing that a good rechrome will cost upwards of £150 or get it powdered for £30-£40.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:49 PM »
£69.99 bitd from rad city, thats where mine came from....

frame and fork set only.....

Dave
haro, how do you do

Brownie

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Keep it chrome Bud. There are so few of them around these days. Best of luck, JB  :)

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:53 PM »
iv been thinking about keeping it chrome, but yo be honet its seen better days... does anyone know if the decals were the same for white and chrome? the white does look awesome though, really makes the frame jump out at you... does anyone know if they came in any other colours? the white looks great, but everyone iv seen is white so was maybe going to go for a different look  ;D

Nana

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 05:59 PM »
They made special editions in nickel plate and bronze i think and also neon pink and green but im not 100% ask moose or orb they know lots more  :)

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24 PM »
thanks will do

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 07:29 PM »
They made special editions in nickel plate and bronze i think and also neon pink and green but im not 100% ask moose or orb they know lots more  :)

Yeah they did neon pink and green and also did custom jobs if you wanted your own frame (dp or non-dp) painted the same.
They ran an ad for this in ABMX.

A mate of mine got his performer painted fluo pink and another got his dp painted fluo green. (And I'd put money on the dp freestyler still being in the back of his mum's shed...)

Brian.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 07:44 AM »
go get it then

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 08:39 AM »
go get it then

Dave

I'll be over that way at the weekend. Will see what happens...

Brian.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  dp freestyler help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx