gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  dp freestyler?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dp freestyler?  (Read 1305 times)

spesh

dp freestyler?
« on: January 09, 2007, 08:07 PM »

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: dp freestyler?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:21 PM »
I'm sorry - I can't tell you it's not a DP freestyler that you have just been outbid on

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Yup, it is  :LolLolLolLol:

electobooty

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:20 PM »
 ;D ;D

Lovely paint job???????

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

selfpreservation

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:23 PM »
im not sure but i reckon its cosher

spesh

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:32 PM »
 :shocked: :shocked: :'( :'( :-\ :-\

daz bmx it!

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I looked at that and thought ? ::) I thought they had Dp on the rear metal plate behind the seat post ???

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 10:44 PM »
rear drops look like they are cut for 22mm axles

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 10:46 PM »
I looked at that and thought ? ::) I thought they had Dp on the rear metal plate behind the seat post ???

I think it was only the Glyn Lewis edition that had the DP cutout. The rest just had the blank plate.

rear drops look like they are cut for 22mm axles

That's what I thought also which is why I never put in a bid  :LolLolLolLol:

jezza

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 01:28 AM »
The Glynn Lewis model has the DP cutouts. but they also did a limited run of 1000 Ni-Bronze frames with DP cutouts  ;)

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 05:54 AM »
The DP cut-outs were introduced on all the freestyle frames from about '85 (ish). it wasn't limited to the GL or the Ni-Broze frames. Prior to that there were no cut-outs just a serial number.

That frame is most likely a '83-84 DP freestyler. That was the reason for my comment, I couldn't tell you it wasn't a DP freestyler (because it is)  :daumenhoch:

DINODOG

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 10:15 AM »
I will tell you all if it a genuine one when it turns up..................bargain.....................I used to have one back in the day been looking for one for a bit.

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 03:31 PM »
The Glynn Lewis model has the DP cutouts. but they also did a limited run of 1000 Ni-Bronze frames with DP cutouts  ;)

Does anyone on here own or know of a Ni-Bronze one? There must be some of them left somewhere  ???

Offline mattbloke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 05:45 PM »
i saw that on ebay too, serial number wise, i have an 83/84 stamped as 0999 am i one short of a nice one????

Nana

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 06:14 PM »

Does anyone on here own or know of a Ni-Bronze one? There must be some of them left somewhere  ???
[/quote]

I was told by a memebr on here who was friends with the son who,s father owned dp  that this frame was probably a ni-bronze one  ???  you cant really tell from the pic but its bare and it has a kinda thick coating on top with a bronze tint to it , think it was like this cause it had been under paint for years but everyone just dismissed it on here as just bare metal but hey im just an engineer who works with metal every day  :wtf: do i know , but when i left it outside in the rain for a few days it did,nt rust  ??? I should have polished it to see what it would have turned out like but i sold it on painted white  ::)

spesh

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 08:17 PM »
I will tell you all if it a genuine one when it turns up..................bargain.....................I used to have one back in the day been looking for one for a bit.
well done mate i was after that meself but ive got me eye on other stuff so something had to give! :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  dp freestyler?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx