gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  why the flagpoles?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: why the flagpoles?  (Read 2423 times)

selfpreservation

Re: why the flagpoles?
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 10:28 PM »
bitd the bikes were bikes first we went places on them yes we did stunts and shit but they were multifunctional im sick of passing new school riders pushing thier bikes up hills to get to the locaL OFF LICENCE / SKATEPARK thats why we had a seatpost cause our bikes were transport as well as rad mobiles  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 07:14 AM »
while we're on the topic of seatposts / flagpoles.....

i have some primo rod seatposts for sale - 22.2mm (7/8") fits 7mm and 9mm rails - £15 posted...  :daumenhoch:
would they fit in a Ripper Trev?
 :) DINGO :)

Lazarou

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 07:26 AM »
I think it's got less to do with fashion and more to do with function.  Back in the day most of us were "freestylers" and that meant most of us did a fair bit of flatland.  Tricks like the sideglide, elbow glide, backwards infinity roll, backyard (like Trev said)....even hang-5's are easier with a long seat-post.

Nowadays the riding is so different........most peope don't do any flatland besides hang-5's (if at all) and a massive great big seat post just gets in the way.  Most of us want to be able to suck up a landing without a seat splitting your cheeks.  Tailwhips with long seat posts are going to be sketchy at best. 

I'd say that top-tube lengths also play a part.  Longer top tubes mean you don't need a massive seat post to sit down.  Hence the departure of the laidback seatpost and it's ginger step brother, the snake post.

You'll notice that most flatlanders still rock the long seat-post.

Thats the best description of a snake post ever!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 06:56 PM »
was it because bike set up rule 14b :
handlebar grips and seat have to be the same height   :-\ :idiot2:
or is nu school all wrong ????????  :wtf:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 02:00 AM »
a lot of these questions are a waste of bandwidth. why do you like pink floyd and not mcfly? Why stella and not heiniken? taste. fashion, like it matters. fook me, coke or pepsi who cares
stupid haro, stupid gt, stupid high seatposts, nu school rocks, old school is pathetic. 

Nag mag nag nag nag.

you'll make somebody a fine wife fella.
ding dong

Trev

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 02:04 AM »
a lot of these questions are a waste of bandwidth. why do you like pink floyd and not mcfly? Why stella and not heiniken? taste. fashion, like it matters. fook me, coke or pepsi who cares
stupid haro, stupid gt, stupid high seatposts, nu school rocks, old school is pathetic. 

Nag mag nag nag nag.

you'll make somebody a fine wife fella.

cos stella tastes better than heiniken.....simple....  :LolLolLolLol:

electobooty

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 09:44 PM »
a lot of these questions are a waste of bandwidth. why do you like pink floyd and not mcfly? Why

They both suck satan corperate c*ck

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  why the flagpoles?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx