gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Barking & Dagenham BMX Club
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Barking & Dagenham BMX Club  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Barking & Dagenham BMX Club
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:07 PM »
The BADBMX Club are holding their AGM on Monday 8th January at The Bull public house just along from the track by the roundabout.  Anyone interested in getting involved with the Club's activities is welcome to attend.  Details appear on a thread here http://www.badbmx.com/forum/Blah/Blah.pl?b-Info/m-1165350693/
This is a great oppurtunity for some of the Old Skool guys (and girls) from the '80s to put something back into the sport by helping a relatively new club get their feet firmly on the ground.
Alan Humphrey

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Barking & Dagenham BMX Club
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Reminder that the meeting is tomorrow. Will post a copy of the minutes from it for those that like to read such goings on. Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:06 AM »
"Tonight's the night ...."

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Hi Alan, I cant make tonight mate, I already have plans, but if you can add this to the agenda for discussion,

Can you discuss Sunday racing, perhaps an afternoon to avoid the footy, The guys who have been coming to Braintree are more than keen on an old school gate, we can get an average of 6 riders attending, we had 16 names down for Braintree before christmas so it could add a nice element to the day. If its succesfull you may find theres a lot of support from us oldies, perhaps some of them may even be persuaded over to the "dark side". I do realise how hard it will be to change from saturday, but 90% of the old school guys find saturdays an almost impossible day to get out. Cheers Tony
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Annual General Meeting –8th January 2007 @ The Bull

The important bit:

Officials for 2007
·   Chairman  -  Paul Rungay
·   Secretary  -  Paul Coleman
   Treasurer/Membership Secretary  -  Gary & Caroline Porter·   Promotions/Publicity – Dale Steggles
·   Trophy Secretary – Lorna Jones
·   A new committee role was proposed as a precursor to Go-Ride status that of Child Welfare Officer – Michelle Rungay

A full copy of the meeting minutes appear at http://www.badbmx.com/forum/Blah/Blah.pl'm-1165350693/s-15/#num23

NOTE FOR RATTY:  The meeting in February has been rescheduled to a Sunday, just for you!! 

Alan Humphrey

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:31 AM »
Cheers Al, can you get a thread started, or i will if you want. Thanks for sorting it, lmk times etc, Lets hope its well supported by the radsters

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:37 AM »
It won't clash with Braintree will it?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Braintree in the morning, daggers in the afternoon,  haha, I think i could cope  "not" braintree is on the 4th

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 11:04 AM »

There is a Braintree Regional that day so yes it will clash but as they run "formula" racing that day it was thought you guys would rather do your own thing rather than be mixed in with all those super-quick 17+ boys and girls.  A look at http://www.bmxeast.com/results/2007_results/2006-07%20Winter%20Series%20Rankings.htm gives you an idea who you'd be up against so pretty daunting.  Anyway you can thank Rooonga for suggesting the date change and watch for a separate thread about it on here idc.  Humps

Rooonga

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:42 PM »
The Braintree race is a regional that day, and we felt that as we only run a small club session it wouldn't have an impact.

If if looks like you old schoolers wanna race at regional level post to let us know - we can aways re-schedule.

:D

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 06:38 PM »
Guys, I know a couple of people who have attended at Braintree also race new school and may want to race at the regional. I personally feel that if you can avoid a clash that would be better, it may only affect one or two but while we are pushing for old school acceptance, the more we can get to attend the better.
By the way, thanks for sorting out a Sunday race, It makes us feel accepted to a degree  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Barking & Dagenham BMX Club

gfxgfx
gfx gfx