gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Are you a GT performer boffin?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Are you a GT performer boffin?  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
Are you a GT performer boffin?
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I need some advice, How do you identify the 84 performer in particular? Does the 85 look any different?

I was looking at a mates old copy of US feestylin mag from 84, it showed 2 pics of the "flying banana" on his performer, one pic shows the forks going on past the wheel nut and another shows the end of the fork stopping short of it (bit like a haro)
Where there 2 styles of fork for the performer?

On another point the same mate still has his old Haro Master in chrome from I think 84/85, I've been trying to persuade him to sell it to me, anybody know what its worth? I offered him £75, but he's not havin it! Its not 100% nick, say 90%.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Are you a GT performer boffin?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 09:56 AM »
An '84 Pro performer will have an '84 serial number  :daumenhoch:

Eddie used to ride with both Pro performer forks and normal pro forks. If you're a stickler for era correct you'll be wanting either the solid drop-out pro fork or the pro performer fork without the potts mod cable guide :daumenhoch:

Give him a £100 for the master and then sell it to me  ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:58 AM »
Fiola used to run GT race forks on his performers, so that'll explain the different forks. They only made one style on the Performer, however later ones had a welded cable guide on the left leg.

An early 84 performer will have 3 holes in the rear drop-outs and the seat tubes meet the top tube in the middle. By 1985 the seat tubes ran level with the top tube.

Hope this helps.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Thanks for your help fella's that real useful. I've just bought from the US an 84 performer by the sounds of it then, but it has the GT forks on it not the perfomer ones. Bought it to go with that seat post clamp Dave (ha ha).

I've been looking for an 84 for ages, they seem to be much rarer then the 86 onwards.

Any idea what an 84 F&F in chrome (not good nick) would go for? How much would a stripped ready for paint 86 performer be worth, cos I've now got one I'll be selling.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Thanks for your help fella's that real useful. I've just bought from the US an 84 performer by the sounds of it then, but it has the GT forks on it not the perfomer ones. Bought it to go with that seat post clamp Dave (ha ha).

I've been looking for an 84 for ages, they seem to be much rarer then the 86 onwards.

Any idea what an 84 F&F in chrome (not good nick) would go for? How much would a stripped ready for paint 86 performer be worth, cos I've now got one I'll be selling.

i need a 84 f&f in chrome not in good nick

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 09:30 AM »
The 84 isn't for sale sorry mate, I've been looking for ages for one and I'm not going to part with it now.
The stripped 86 will be though if your interested. It back to the bare metal, no dents, re welds etc.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Are you a GT performer boffin?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx