gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Early Gen 1 Gusset proof......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Early Gen 1 Gusset proof......  (Read 1842 times)

greentoad

Re: Early Gen 1 Gusset proof......
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Very nice......love the grip tape too.

I have been playing around with the serials for a few months as I reckon the dates may be just a touch out.....more later.

Does anyone know if the TXX 442 F reciept has been posted / shown / pm'ed?

I also have contacts for another half a dozen or so Freestylers, it's getting interesting again  :daumenhoch:

J.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 01:09 AM »
Nothing as yet on the receipt , but i agree , the grip tape looks well on that frame .......

Keep up the great work with that list...............

greentoad

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 02:00 AM »
Nothing as yet on the receipt , but i agree , the grip tape looks well on that frame .......

Keep up the great work with that list...............

HiYa Jay

Glad that the computer is working again. I shall send / post some new information soon.

Can you ask for pics of the outside of both the rear drop-outs and also the coaster as I doubt i'll get much response.

You know what i'm getting at, it might be a great result.........fingers crossed.

:daumenhoch:

J.

Flaz

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 02:06 AM »
They were the first freestyle frame and fork  :daumenhoch:

after torkers  ;D like this one

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:10 AM by Flaz »

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14 AM »
They were the first freestyle frame and fork  :daumenhoch:

after torkers  ;D like this one

what billy means is that they were the first freestyle specific frame and fork set, although made by torker and loosely basd around the 280 the gen 1 has beefier tubing, gussets and thicker dropouts, and of course, the coaster brake anchor point.....id still like a torker though.....now flaz, who has one that needs to live at my house?

Dave
haro, how do you do

Flaz

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 06:27 PM »
yeah I know  dave only jesting  ;D   :LolLolLolLol: 

what year did the gen1's come out, I can honestly say bitd i never saw anyone riding one but like ive said in previous posts i got mugged in the summer school holidays of 83 and never rode another bmx again till 2005 im sure if i hadnt got mugged and me mum and dad hadnt split up i would have been riding one by christmas that year (spoilt brat that  i was )  ;) and would now be bigging up the gen1s  :LolLolLolLol: 

also what is the top tube  on the gen1s:  cause are they based on the 280 or the longer 280X ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Early Gen 1 Gusset proof......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx