gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Help needed from Dads with Kids who ride
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help needed from Dads with Kids who ride  (Read 4294 times)

darkersomeday

Re: Help needed from Dads with Kids who ride
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 09:13 PM »
the skinny 1/18 rims put me off too, i'd worry they,d be too skittish for the wean and that he'll snake bite them ALL the time!,

this is about the smallest light bike i could find,
check the bike weight! 

that gt's mint by the way, full face is a good idea too!

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?cPath=38_39&products_id=4247
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:16 PM by darkersomeday »

SaMAlex

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Now that micro redline is just what I have in mind. So so small and light. Im sure even my 2 year old would be able to get right on it and get his feet to the ground over the frame. It doesnt really look like you could chuck a set of 20x1.175s in there so it might be best left on the smooth BMX track.

I have a friend whos kids used to race BMX when they were small and he still has a micro Cyclecraft bike. Maybe I should go and take it for a spin (not me, my boys!). I think they also have some micro GTs in a local shop that I could try them on.

The only problem with a nice 20" micro race bike that the boys can actually ride, is there would be NO chance of me having a quick spin on it on the flat, let alone a roll on a ramp! Maybe the 16" Cobra is the better way to go! ha ha

keyhole kid

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 10:07 PM »

this is my daughters bike, its a haro 360 but ive made a few alterations. ive lightened it a fair bit so as she can manage it a bit better, though it is probably right to start them on a 20" the problem is that if the bike is to long for them ,the chance of them lifting the front wheel is almost impossible. im afraid its a catch 22 problem, a bigger bike is also easier to ride but not necessarily easier to do tricks on, good luck  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 10:53 PM »

this is my daughters bike, its a haro 360 but ive made a few alterations. ive lightened it a fair bit so as she can manage it a bit better, though it is probably right to start them on a 20" the problem is that if the bike is to long for them ,the chance of them lifting the front wheel is almost impossible. im afraid its a catch 22 problem, a bigger bike is also easier to ride but not necessarily easier to do tricks on, good luck  :daumenhoch:

mark i thought that was your bike ;D ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 10:57 PM »
heres a small clip of bailee on his 12 quid universal bike
hes already snapped the bars of it
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v340/lazychubs/elise%20and%20bailee/?action=view&current=e5dfe3ed.flv

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 10:59 PM »
and another lol this was in the summer so was just over 3 and crap quality due to photobucket
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v340/lazychubs/?action=view&current=MOV00176.flv

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 10:59 PM »
ryhs, as a dad  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 11:01 PM by SuperBikeDan »

keyhole kid

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 11:05 PM »

trust you to notice dan......   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006, 11:09 PM »

trust you to notice dan......   :LolLolLolLol:

hello mate  ;D hope u had a good xmas, all the best mate and see you in the new year :)

spesh

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2006, 11:26 PM »
how much is a new school 16" £100? coz in a few years time or sooner he,ll have grown out of it and it,ll be worth f#ck-all
ive just bought for my 4yr old a mini tuff burner,i paid £50 for it and in a few years time i can sell it again for £50+ on the burner website and buy him a decent 20" he absolutly loves it and i aint to bothered if he drops it coz its not a new bike!
and it dont arf get some looks down the local ramps one bloke ask if raleigh had re-released it and where he could get one from! :LolLolLolLol:
heres a pic>

SaMAlex

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Those 16" Cobras aint cheap, they are kinda like Beringers 16" sig bike. Like you say, they aint gunna fit it for long ... but everyone loves a pit bike in the collection, right?

Matt Beringer designed 4130 cromo frame
 Press fit Mid BB
 Integrated head tube with removable Gyro tabs
 100% 4130 cromo fork
 100% 4130 Fit mid handlebar
 Fit S3 style stem, removable aluminum Gyro plate
 SNAFU Mobeus Detangler with Astro Glide Teflon bearing
 Flow Series 145mm tubular cromo 48 spline cranks
 16” 36h rims, 14mm rear, 3/8” front axles
 36t machined alloy sprocket
  11t one piece driver on cassette hub
 Tektro U-brake and Odyssey Monolever Medium
  Fit extruded aluminum I-beam seatpost
 S&M Embossed Hot Seat
 S&M 101 pedals
 S&M XLT seat clamp
 Flow Series 105mm dual material pegs (4)

ollie

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2006, 11:45 PM »
how much does the above cost?

SaMAlex

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2006, 12:02 AM »
I dont know what they will be here (4Down are waiting to get them in) but the RRP in the US is $599. BMX stuff usually ends up the same in pounds here as it costs in dollers over there so prob a bit less than £600. Like I say, not cheap, and not really a kids bike.

Trev

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2006, 12:23 AM »
rhys, that is a mad setup you have in your back garden. bailee is gonna rip big time. that riding is better than most 10 year olds when they start riding. he's gonna have 7 years on everyone from the new era. i am absolutely gobsmacked by his standard even though i've seen clips before.  keep it up  :daumenhoch:

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 12:09 PM »
My son is now 10 and has just moved off his 16" which was getting a bit small . He now has an s&m 18" dirtbike frame but it has 20" wheels. He rides at Bones and finds that the bigger bike is faster - jumps both boxes upstairs at bones and is getting his front wheel out of the bowl downstairs. The thing he finds hardest is manualling.

definitely think keeping him on the smaller bike improved his bike handling skills - the bigger bike can often be too hard for them to throw about

SaMAlex

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Wow, that bike looks so good. I want one! ha ha.

I’m glad you said that about small bikes being a good place to start. I was so impressed with bailee and his top riding that I figured my boys have no time to loose and we went and got a couple of cheap 12" bikes. Can’t wait for the next dry day so we can get outside. "Ice-cream for the first one to ride without stabilisers"

Does anyone have any A'me mini grips for sale?

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 01:26 PM »
extreme direct are selling blanks 16" for £80

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 07:48 PM »
nice one s&malex get em down the park when its dry
i found bending one staberliser up a tad helps the
balance.got bailee a mongoose pit bike of me neice
but is about 2 inches to hiogh for him
may put some 14 inch wheels on it lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Help needed from Dads with Kids who ride

gfxgfx
gfx gfx