gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  spooky cycles
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: spooky cycles  (Read 1462 times)

darkersomeday

spooky cycles
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:35 AM »
i'm looking for some info and pics of spooky cycles,
can anyone help?
thanks

zed4130

Re: spooky cycles
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:07 AM »
do they still make them i had a metalhead 3 years ago nice bike not sure about them now but they are cool do they make 20 inch bmx i know they did a 24 cruiser i saw one at nass 3 years ago  :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:20 AM »
I've still got a metalhead, best mtb i've ever owned. They pulled the plug after Frank the welder left and from what I understand the quality went way down hill. I don't think they ever made a 20", or not one that ever went into production. Frank worked for Sinister later on, they made BMX frames.

Hope that helps. :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:10 PM »
i just bought a spooky underdog 20" frame off e-bay, when it arrives i'll post some pics of it,
they made the underdog in both aluminium and cromo, (i got the ally version) and the "suspect device" cruiser,
the first "20 they made was the "brown hornet" first which was a 1" headtube cromo dirt frame,

the "metalhead" has to be the classic frame of all time! they were expensive by even todays standards and beautifully built, the "bandwagon" was the cheaper version

spooky cycles built the first T1 barcodes and progressions,they also built all the first FBM frames,from what i can gather the alluminium frames were built by frankthewelder and the steel ones were built by super dave.

can anyone suggest what the best mid school parts would be to build the underdog up?

bof

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 11:25 PM »
didnt they do a 20 inch called a brown hornet?

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:45 PM »
yeah? didn't Chico Hooke ride for Spooky bitd?  :-\

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 11:47 PM »
and Gilly??????
i haved a test in an old Ride somewhere I think???
 :) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  spooky cycles

gfxgfx
gfx gfx