gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 12:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New Raleigh Team Aero Pro
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Raleigh Team Aero Pro  (Read 34205 times)

davemac1974

Re: New Raleigh Team Aero Pro
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Has anyone got theirs yet???? I heard a rumour that they had started to come through.

There is only one in the UK, the prototype at Raleigh HQ in Eastwood.

Last time I spoke to Raleigh I seem to remember May 14th as the date the first 250 hit our shores.

:daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2007, 02:31 PM »
the first 250

how many are there in total then.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2007, 02:44 PM »
350 I beleive

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2007, 02:50 PM »
I think i may have read this wrong  :crazy2:

Just got one from my local dealer this morning, they have only been alocated 2 and ive got one of them. The other bike is going to be built up for display in the shop :) :)

:LolLolLolLol: yeah im the first in the country to get one  ;D ;D ;) ;) :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:46 PM by jimmyp »

piebloke

« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2007, 06:07 PM »
I'm the first in the country to get one LOL

But I cant keep her  :(

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2007, 06:26 PM »
ordered mine today 8)  only 49 left now apparently.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2007, 09:47 PM »
the good thing is that you pay for it up front and then forget about it. Then in may or june they just deliver it to your door.

davemac1974

« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2007, 09:59 PM »
the good thing is that you pay for it up front and then forget about it. Then in may or june they just deliver it to your door.

Thats one way of looking at it I suppose!  :LolLolLolLol:

Ideally Raleigh could have taken a deposit, but they aren't setup for that, and full payment was the only way that they could guarantee reserving you one.

I have to say that I am amazed at the general good reception Raleigh's planned release of this bike has had on Rad. I expected the odd remark, which is all good fun as always, but the general positive vibes from a lot of you is really cool and has made the fact that Beard and I have been involved with the project feel even more special. Cheers guys  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2007, 10:17 PM »
No. Thank you both.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2007, 10:27 PM »
so are there 250 as i thought or 350 ?.
dave the bmxing gypo

davemac1974

« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2007, 10:30 PM »
It is true that Simon (Project Manager) added another 100 as there just wasn't enough to go round.

I belive that there are currently forty odd unallocated of those 350.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2007, 10:38 PM »
is that going to be it then dave.
there aint gonna be loads of these bikes done after you dont think.
would take all the magic away from having a limited edition.
dave the bmxing gypo

davemac1974

« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2007, 10:51 PM »
As far as we are told (and Simon is a sound guy) that is it for the Team Pro colourway.

As a thank you to Beard and I for helping them they are going to let us design a bike ourselves to hopefully be released for Xmas 07. This will be based on the same frame as the Team Pro. We haven't decided on the design yet, but Beard and I have our thinking caps on  ;) We were thinking a run of about 100 for this, to keep it as limited as possible.

It has also been made public in the last couple of days that Boxfresh commsisioned Raleigh to build a bike using that frame for a fashion show in Barcelona to launch their new range, that they could design themselves. We did know about this, but were sworn to secrecy.

Apparently the bike has gone down a storm, and they want some more to display in stores. No word on volumes yet, although 100 has been mentioned, but they will not be available for general sale to the public.

Chrome with black polka dots was the Boxfrsh design:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2007, 11:00 PM »
The Burner world one should be a very limited run of chrome Aero Pro's. That way I could buy another. Now that would be a sure fire winner.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2007, 11:17 PM »

Thats one way of looking at it I suppose!  :LolLolLolLol:

Ideally Raleigh could have taken a deposit, but they aren't setup for that, and full payment was the only way that they could guarantee reserving you one.

I have to say that I am amazed at the general good reception Raleigh's planned release of this bike has had on Rad. I expected the odd remark, which is all good fun as always, but the general positive vibes from a lot of you is really cool and has made the fact that Beard and I have been involved with the project feel even more special. Cheers guys  :daumenhoch:

I think you guys should be very proud of your achievement with Raleigh, I know that Geth (planting the seed) and Simon (seeing it through) had a lot to do with it but without your input the suits would have screwed it up for sure.  It looks a great bike, let's hope it rides well and is a success for Raleigh  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2007, 11:47 PM »
This is how it is

pointless

there's plenty of original ones about

hopefully the retro bandwagon will depart soon and fook off back to the far east and stop unleashing reproduction wannabe bikes

if raleigh (or whoever is making this) want to do something productive they should rerelease all the old stickers and padsets. they'd probably make more money that way too, instead of these 1 minute wonder fashion bikes that devalue quicker than a pack of rubber johnnys in the vatican

Mr Ruler is 100% Correct.

And why why why with the tuffs, if they want to do it with style, it has to be Alloys or Alloy Hubbed Tuffs.

Oh, and they make a big mistake with building the A' Pro, they should have done the Super tuff or the Night Burner as they were the ones that people had.

GAY!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2007, 11:54 PM »
This is how it is

pointless

there's plenty of original ones about

hopefully the retro bandwagon will depart soon and fook off back to the far east and stop unleashing reproduction wannabe bikes

if raleigh (or whoever is making this) want to do something productive they should rerelease all the old stickers and padsets. they'd probably make more money that way too, instead of these 1 minute wonder fashion bikes that devalue quicker than a pack of rubber johnnys in the vatican

Mr Ruler is 100% Correct.

And why why why with the tuffs, if they want to do it with style, it has to be Alloys or Alloy Hubbed Tuffs.

Oh, and they make a big mistake with building the A' Pro, they should have done the Super tuff or the Night Burner as they were the ones that people had.

GAY!

We've missed you ORB  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #292 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56 PM »
, and they make a big mistake with building the A' Pro

thats why theres only 49 left out of 350.
now fook off and play with ya 205  :P.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2007, 12:06 AM »
, and they make a big mistake with building the A' Pro

thats why theres only 49 left out of 350.
now fook off and play with ya 205  :P.

Thats more the point, do you see mongoose making a repo Pro Class? No, they do the one that people can relate to.

And I very much doubt that there is only 49 left out of 350. Infact I doubt that there was 350 made, Lets face it, 90% will be in skips by now, and if there are 49 owned that makes it a lot more than 350 at that percentage rate. I know I have binned at least 3, I know rombloke has abused one.

I have nothing against burners, I have one that I am restoring, I have a few that I will never bother, but lest face it, whats the point in this?

If people are buying for Nostagia, then they will buy the bike that they had back then, ie, not the A' Pro. They would lust over the Super Tuff as thats what people wanted, the blue MK1 with the Yellow Tuffs.

And, If the A Pro was such a rare beast, surely they are pissing on thier own bonfire by putting another 250 into the world.

Again, I will explain.

If you owned a set of rare Hutch Gayspeed cranks and someone reproduced them and people bought them as they could not afford the real ones, would you not be pissed off as your real gayspeed are now worth a lot less than they were.

Stupid Idea.

Bring back a proper burner that was BUILT BY RALEIGH, FOR REAL KIDS.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #294 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Oh, I may buy one.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2007, 12:08 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2007, 12:15 AM »
Oh, and on another note, Boxfresh? Eh? FRESH???? WTF?

What is fresh about this POS?

Nice components Mr Fresh

GAY

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Because , with DC and others ? doing stuff Boxfresh have seen where this is going and have rushed a realease to appear cool

You will see a fair bit this summer and be prepared for some real media attention

Rich

davemac1974

« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Ask 10 different people what bike should have been repro'd, and you'll get 10 different answers. Raleigh had to choose one, and they decided to go with the colour scheme that they think would appeal to most people. Rather than building a bike that everyone owned, they chose a bike that many people wanted to own.

There was millions of the Raleigh built Burners made, and there are many that remain (apart from the 4 disposed of by you and Dave obviously). There would have been no point remaking those, as there is still a plentyful supply around...just look in your nearest skip!  ;D

I agree about the Boxfesh one, but what do you expect from a design house, eh?  ::)

The frame is lovely though...the best thing Raleigh have commissioned in years.  ;)

burnaliser

« Reply #299 on: February 09, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Oh, and on another note, Boxfresh? Eh? FRESH???? WTF?

What is fresh about this POS?

Nice components Mr Fresh

GAY
:LolLolLolLol: don't ask me about that 'reproduction junk' ??? ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New Raleigh Team Aero Pro

gfxgfx
gfx gfx