gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bb question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bb question  (Read 562 times)

motomagII

bb question
« on: December 13, 2006, 08:40 AM »
i need to remove a sealed bb set now i normally just banmg the bb cups out with hammer and screwdriver .but im scared that doing it this way with sealed i may damage it ,hows the best way to get em out without damage .tried so get the sealed bearing bit out the cups but they is tight

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: bb question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:43 AM »
get a punch and bang it on the spacer inside dislodging it and then pass the punch "THROU" the front bearing and drive
the opposite side cup out from inside to out   hit it in a few different positions hardish dont be shy   :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 02:21 PM »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:58 PM »
get a punch and bang it on the spacer inside dislodging it and then pass the punch "THROU" the front bearing and drive
the opposite side cup out from inside to out   hit it in a few different positions hardish dont be shy   :daumenhoch:

..................Is the right answer   :daumenhoch:   Try hitting the cup in a 12 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock pattern,  It'll find it's way out no worries.  Be sure to hit the cup and not the bearing and you'll do no harm.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bb question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx