gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  flight crank year?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: flight crank year?  (Read 809 times)

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
flight crank year?
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:55 PM »
ive just bought a redline flight off the bay
for £86 is that a good price? :daumenhoch:
also how can i tell what year it is?

selfpreservation

Re: flight crank year?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:59 PM »
IS IT A DUAL PINCH

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 06:09 PM »
if they are single pinch that is a great price....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 06:10 PM »
they are dual pinch :daumenhoch:
still a good price??? ???

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 06:11 PM »
they are late 90's non wraparound ones!

are they for an old bike?
for true oldschool you'll want full wrap 401's

look at this pic for easy identification  ;)

selfpreservation

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 06:21 PM »
you can get a new set for $120 posted from the us but they dont have the chainring with them so you did ok , perfectly good cranks ive got them on me supergoose  the bolts and that are different to mine so they are probably 90s ones

jeff spicoli

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 06:35 PM »
so whats the difference? are the new ones not as good? bitd we loved our flights . I have DK chopstix now and they look as good as my old flights but I dont really know. would a old set of 401's be up to todays standard?.

selfpreservation

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 06:58 PM »
about £100  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 07:10 PM »
so whats the difference? are the new ones not as good? bitd we loved our flights . I have DK chopstix now and they look as good as my old flights but I dont really know. would a old set of 401's be up to todays standard?.

The only difference with the new ones is the double pinch bolt where the single used to be, but for an era correct old school build then the single pinch full wrap round ones would be correct. I don`t think the new double pinch ones could take the punishment that we dish out now, plus the Profiles have a lifetime gurantee so you don`t have to worry to much about wrecking them  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 07:15 PM »

The only difference with the new ones is the double pinch bolt where the single used to be, but for an era correct old school build then the single pinch full wrap round ones would be correct. I don`t think the new double pinch ones could take the punishment that we dish out now, plus the Profiles have a lifetime gurantee so you don`t have to worry to much about wrecking them  :daumenhoch:
so could i get away with them on an OS ride?
they will be going on either a loopy ripper or pro performer

selfpreservation

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 07:26 PM »
its your build do what you like , they may not be era correct but they still look old school ive got them on my 83 supergoose cause my one piece is a bit springy for me  , its up to you but strictly speaking if your building a true retro bike then they didnt exist when the bike was new , but we all upgraded when stuff came out potts mod ect , it depends on how important historical accuracy is to you stick them on and see what you think if you no likey then stick the one piece back on  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 07:39 PM »
If it`s a rider then use the double pinch all day long, I`ve got them on my T/A race bike that I use at the old school meets, but for a show bike then the single pinch are really the ones to have  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 09:09 PM »
I am thinking about buying a bike on ebay that has a great set of single pinch flights, with a flight ring. I only want the frame and the whole bike is way more than I would pay for just that (its about £350). Any idea what I could get back for the flights (assuming they are as mint as they look in the pics)? The bike also has some perfect looking chrome 7x's. The more I think about it, the more I think I could get most of the money back ... but I still dont really have the cash to spend up front.... and I know that when the mint flights were in my hand, I would never sell um! ha ha.

selfpreservation

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 09:13 PM »
single pinch full wrap - £200
single pinch non wrap -£160
assuming theyre on good nick and the bb can be salvaged in good nick , ive seen the former with a showchrome on here for £250 dont think they sold though

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Mint single pinch flights are good for £200-£250, not sure about the chrome 7x`s though, if they`re mint they could be worth £100-£150 depending on who`s bidding and what time of year it is  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Cool, thanks. That is actually more than I thought, but like you say, its hard to be sure. I think I will try to get the seller to split the bike as Im sure its the frame (the bit I want) that isnt selling and if he listed the 401s by them selves they would be snapped up.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  flight crank year?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx