gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bristol bmx club info needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bristol bmx club info needed  (Read 1089 times)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Bristol bmx club info needed
« on: December 12, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Im in the process of redesigning bristols website and would like a bit of info etc, i need to know when the club was formed ? also if anyone has any photos of the old track would be great.

Cheers
Jai

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: Bristol bmx club info needed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Get in touch with Stidds or Cider - Im from Bristol alltough those two guys used to race ther I think - thats if your talking about Patchway - whats the website name ?

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 07:13 PM »
old website is still up at

www.bristolbmxclub.com

if anyone wants to come down i run a fitness and track training sessions down at the patchway track every sunday morning from 10am details on site

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Jai

I started racing at Bristol in late 1982.   The track in those days actually ran the opposite way than it does these days and was a lot shorter.

The club in those days was called SR Cycles Jets, it was so named because it was run by SR Cycles which was located on Coniston Road, the SR in SR Cycles stood for Steve & Rose Clutterbuck who owned the shop and ran the club, they also had 2 daughters who raced who are called Wendy and Shelly.  Wendy & Shelly both have young children who are current members of Bristol BMX Club.

The track was revamped in 1984 (iirc) when Bristol was to hold a National meeting, it took about 20 riders and parents about 4 weeks to complete.

I will think of some of my earlier memories and jot them down soon.

Sean

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 09:28 PM »
Cheers for that, at least i have somewhere to start as i would like to put a history section on the site

Jai

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Off topic I know (sorry  :( )
are Shiners brining in the 2007 OM Flyer Jai?
Cheers
 :) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bristol bmx club info needed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx