gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 03:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  woody & rl
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: woody & rl  (Read 1121 times)

weston

woody & rl
« on: December 02, 2006, 12:23 PM »

jeff spicoli

Re: woody & rl
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:52 PM »
Woody was in his 30's then so he must be 50 odd now :shocked:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 07:31 PM »
nice one,another top find weston :daumenhoch:

priv

WizardWeb

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:23 PM »
I thought woody was in his twenties then....? Brian Scura was always the old man and I think he was about 26 around 1986.

The pro's were generally a lot younger then than now. Craig Campbell was only 16 ! Now most of the top guys are around 30.

I love watching the old video's it's great seeing them ride but I always think they don't ride as well as I imagined when I read the mags. There's a lot of space in the routines and you expect a 270 drop-in but get a roll-in. I thought that yesterday when I was looking at the pipeline vids too.

Maybe I'm spoilt by all the trick ridden runs they do now !  ;)

jeff spicoli

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 06:46 PM »
yeah your right Woody is about 43 I get mixed up these days now im 41 lol.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:03 PM »
I thought woody was in his twenties then....? Brian Scura was always the old man and I think he was about 26 around 1986.

The pro's were generally a lot younger then than now. Craig Campbell was only 16 ! Now most of the top guys are around 30.

I love watching the old video's it's great seeing them ride but I always think they don't ride as well as I imagined when I read the mags. There's a lot of space in the routines and you expect a 270 drop-in but get a roll-in. I thought that yesterday when I was looking at the pipeline vids too.

yeah I thought  that too. I was waiting for the 270 drop ins!!

but I did enjoy Woody'd  gay looking step through drop in. he could have entered BMX beat with that :)
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Trev

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 07:11 PM »
It was a cool vid, but I think the distance between the trick ramp and the quarter-pipe was too big for Woody.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 07:17 PM »

whats wrong with bmx beat drop ins :LolLolLolLol:

yeah I thought  that too. I was waiting for the 270 drop ins!!

but I did enjoy Woody'd  gay looking step through drop in. he could have entered BMX beat with that :)

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I think the distance between the floor and the lip of the 1/4 was too big for woody!

Strange that RL aired one way and kick-turned the other.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  woody & rl

gfxgfx
gfx gfx