gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 09:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  whats your worst ramppark accident
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: whats your worst ramppark accident  (Read 3496 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: whats your worst ramppark accident
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Broken wrist and a stitched up chin, due to my wet mushrooms slipping off whilst midair on a small jump.......came down on some nice soft and non abrasive tarmack!  i was only about 12 so of course i waited til i got home before sheding a tear or two  :'(

muttley

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 01:12 PM »
due to my wet mushrooms slipping off whilst midair on a small jump

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :LolLolLolLol: no stop please your killing me hahahahahaha!!!!!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 02:39 PM »
Jumping a home made ramp on my burner circa 1982. Messing around with the bar positions. So pulled the bars right back and took off toward the ramp at full pelt.

Jumped the ramp and pulled hard on the bars for extra height. Cos the bars were so far back I actually done a front flip. Well I did a solo one with no bike, landed on my back mid forward roll and bent in half. winded the bejeezus out of me then, the bike landed  on my shoulder/head. Fractured arm and a nice egg shaped welt on my nogging.

Ripped me fecking harrington too.

b'stard.

rsdan25

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 03:03 PM »
i broke my coller bone in 95 dirt jumpin

broke my ankle ripped my ligerments and two toes trying 360 at rom in 2004

and also bruised my ribbs at epic last yr not bad i spose  :coolsmiley:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Why did everyone have to talk about these injuries, just as i'm about to go to Epic on saturday and attempt ramps for the second time in 20 odd years!

You know it's just tempting fate!  and i'm driving up on my own  :-\  if i stack it and hurt myself my Mrs will be well pissed if she has to drive up to Brum to pick me up!   ???

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 07:47 AM »
what a great thread.

attempted a dirt jump in about 84. somehow it all went completely wrong and nearly pulled the worlds first backflip. i remember being in the air completely upside down looking at my bike above me in the sky. I landed heavily, and then had a raleigh tuff burner land right on top of me several seconds later. No breakages, but the horror of knowing a burner was going to land on you was bad enough. :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 03:43 PM »
This is a great thread, cos if you haven't hurt yourself you've not really been trying right?

My accidents don't really compare to some that I have just been flinching at. Hurting yourself trying some nifty trick was ok it gave you street cred, but my first visit to A&E was laughable ( my mates who saw it,will agree ) I was leaning against a garage door in the wheelie position, holding it on the back brake, stopped holding (don't ask) result caught back of me head on the garage handle! ( 4 stitches ).

Later (not the same day)I found myself trying out bunny hops on me new TRM freestyler, without the seat post the bike must be much lighter, right?! I never found out the first bunny hop was in a mates garage, top of me nogging got a flogging this time as I cracked it against the up&over door, 4 more stitches and a garage door complex!!

But like all good tales I've saved the best till last. All day going over the same trail doing the same jump got boring, so in my wisdom I spotted a new line which crossed the first, so far so good. On me first test run though I'm harponed halfway by a mate doing the boring normal trail. I'm knocked sideways on to a 2 foot high tree stump, my mates always take pleasure in reminding me that I was shouting I'm gonna die get a f*&king ambulance! I didn't (er yeah) instead settling for 12 weeks in trackion after me shin bone decided to make an unexpected appearance!

Still I wouldn't of changed a thing (well maybe a couple)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:55 PM by FAZE 3 »

Arma

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 08:07 PM »
once bent a new profile crank arm in 2 hours of use that was like an injury

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  whats your worst ramppark accident

gfxgfx
gfx gfx