gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 10:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  tuff wheels and rose tinted glasses
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tuff wheels and rose tinted glasses  (Read 8447 times)

theRuler

Re: tuff wheels and rose tinted glasses
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2006, 10:08 PM »
graemes only fooling himself now.....

Dave

lol

every freestyler had tuffs isnt "old school" it's radbmxschool

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Tuffs Tuffs We like Tuffs...

Bren Gunn

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2006, 10:13 PM »
I don't get this thread... When did you start riding BMX Graeme?  

rom_kid_04

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006, 10:13 PM »
"neil ruffel used alloys too as soon as he was free from skyway" as did hoffman the greatest vert rider ever even he says in his book that his bike felt much better when he changed to spokes .... tuffs can look cool but spokes can look just as good and ride much better stiffer stronger and faster

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2006, 10:13 PM »

neil ruffel used alloys too as soon as he was free from skyway

he rode tuffs on his holeshot rf1, so your statement isnt entirely true......come on graeme....fold
it was only mainly gay flatlanders that used spokes.... :)

Dave
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:15 PM by Rom Bloke »
haro, how do you do

selfpreservation

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2006, 10:14 PM »
"neil ruffel used alloys too as soon as he was free from skyway" as did hoffman the greatest vert rider ever even he says in his book that his bike felt much better when he changed to spokes .... tuffs can look cool but spokes can look just as good and ride much better stiffer stronger and faster
cant argue with that but still love the nylon

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2006, 10:14 PM »

ffs no-one is saying tuffs were better than spokes, just that they were, for whatever reason the wheels to have...now get to bed!!!

Dave
haro, how do you do

theRuler

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2006, 10:16 PM »
I don't get this thread... When did you start riding BMX Graeme?  

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2006, 10:18 PM »

ffs no-one is saying tuffs were better than spokes, just that they were, for whatever reason the wheels to have...now get to bed!!!

Dave

:LolLolLolLol:  Dave, laying the law down like it works  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Vegan

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2006, 10:19 PM »
can i interrupt and say my personal preference is spoked wheels, can;t beat a nice set of chrome rims!

rom_kid_04

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2006, 10:19 PM »
  :angrysoapbox: function over fasion thats why front brakes and chrome rims are on my bike ... fasion sucks use what you want not what everyone else wants why use something if you can have something that is better that costs around the same money .... its like buying a beat up p.o.s car for £200 when theres a newer, better car right next to it for the same price  :crazy2:  :idiot2:

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2006, 10:21 PM »
But that POS beat up car may have strong and fond memories......

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2006, 10:21 PM »
can i interrupt and say my personal preference is spoked wheels, can;t beat a nice set of chrome rims!

is this a wind up or what...lol

i ride on chrome rims....your right you cannot beat them....that is not what this thread is about.
its about the tuff wheel being the wheel to be seen running....

now you can go to bed too!!!

lol

Dave
haro, how do you do

theRuler

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2006, 10:22 PM »

so i am not alone then

there's a first

Bren Gunn

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2006, 10:27 PM »
function over fasion thats why front brakes and chrome rims are on my bike ... fasion sucks use what you want not what everyone else wants why use something is you can have something that is better that costs around the same money .... its like buying a beat up p.o.s car for £200 when theres a newer, better car right next to it for the same price    

I think we are talking more 1982 not 2006, but I 'm with you on the chrome rims :daumenhoch:

Spot on mate...  now fcuk off, you're all boring me ;)

Vegan

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2006, 10:27 PM »

i ride on chrome rims....your right you cannot beat them....that is not what this thread is about.

now you can go to bed too!!!

lol

Dave

It's become the IN wheel set to have, prices are going up, the reason i prefer to have rims is because i like to be different - if i was given a pair of skyways then i wouldn't complain, but i would maybe end up selling em

off to bed soon - don't worry!!

Holmetech

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Anyway Graeme,for someone who doesn't like tuffs,you are always drawn to my bikes with them on and cant wait to get jumping all over my tuffs with your balancing acts!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

selfpreservation

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2006, 10:34 PM »

now you can go to bed too!!!id say the in wheel set to have would be bullseye hubs with ukais /arayas , theyll fetch more than uffs all wek long , id like a set of nos black hard anno proclass on black bullseye hubs mmmmmmmmmmmmmm , still ride tuffs though most of the time

lol

Dave

It's become the IN wheel set to have, prices are going up, the reason i prefer to have rims is because i like to be different - if i was given a pair of skyways then i wouldn't complain, but i would maybe end up selling em

off to bed soon - don't worry!!

theRuler

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Anyway Graeme,for someone who doesn't like tuffs,you are always drawn to my bikes with them on and cant wait to get jumping all over my tuffs with your balancing acts!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

i want to see what i have been missing all these years

i dont dislike tuffs, persay, but i prefer alloys. same as i dont hate layback seatposts, but i prefer straight ones. i bet a lot of people on here had a burner at some point - does that mean they were the only choice for BMX?

my point is: tuffs have a big a part in freestyle in the early days. but they NEVER had total domination on the freestyle scene.  the black/white view that freestyle bikes have tuffs and race bikes have alloys does not accurately represent the scene that we go into finite detail to recreate.

selfpreservation

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2006, 10:42 PM »
you aint been missing anything , you have an objective view and have assessed the situation and drawn your own conclusions you havent missed anything any more than i have with my dislike for marmite and mushroom soup over the years

theRuler

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2006, 10:43 PM »

neil ruffel used alloys too as soon as he was free from skyway

he rode tuffs on his holeshot rf1, so your statement isnt entirely true......come on graeme....fold
it was only mainly gay flatlanders that used spokes.... :)

Dave

i am pretty sure he run spoked wheels.
in that advert, "no bullshit, finally there's a freestyle frame that's where it's at"

someone must have a scan. post it up!

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Spokes only really took off for freestylers when the HP-48's came out in what, late '85 - early '86?

How about this picture to sum it up - count the mags v alloys   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2006, 10:45 PM »

selfpreservation

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2006, 10:46 PM »
i dont see any freestly bikes in that pic just bicycle moto cross rides

theRuler

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2006, 10:48 PM »

god damn it :)

he did run spokes i am sure of it.

as for the other pic, i see tuff 1's, graphs and spokes.

spokes? they must be race bikes in there as no one run spokes :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  tuff wheels and rose tinted glasses

gfxgfx
gfx gfx