gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Eddie Fiola...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Eddie Fiola...  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: Eddie Fiola...
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Guys - I wasn't saying that Eddie Fiola was/wasn't raddest dude in the world, I was just highlighting a few particularily rad pics of the little fella...

Those pics are without a doubt fecking rad...we can have a Mike D and Brian B love-in another time.  ;)  ;D

BTW...the debate was covered a while ago: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=13741.0

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:42 PM by Stodgy »

radders

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Point taken, Eddie was rad, but even by 84 he was starting to be overshadowed. He was the ultimate showman back on those days, which is why I think more people remembered him compared to Mike D. Dominguez almost seemed like a recluse in comparison, he'd just turn up at a contest blast some huge airs and then disappear again, not to be seen again, until the next contest, whereas Eddie was always about.

Definitely time for a BB / Mike D photo thread though, unless this constitutes one already  ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Yep, Eddie was flaggin by the end of 84 compared to Mike D, etc... who just took it to another level... but Eddie will alway be the one I remember and the reason why I bought a Performer! Like you say...he was a great showman and that's what freestyle was all about, but times change.

Bring on the BB and Mike D truibute!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Eddie Fiola...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx